223 Bolt Action Rifle Recommendations.

haisardao

Good evening,
I'm looking to buy a 223 Remington factory bolt rifle, 1;8, threaded, with an 18-20 inch barrel to shoot suppressed. I ran across the Rem 700 SPS tactical at a decent price. Pros, easy to upgrade, Cons: I am not sure what Remington doing these days with QC.
I've never owned a bolt 223, looking for something to shoot at the range, and occasionally coyotes without breaking the bank, or me having to reload for it like I do for all my rifles. I am looking for off-the-shelf recs from first-hand experience, Appreciate the input.
H

Not the new Remarms .223 but the 7mm RM ADL. 26" 1-8" twist, Timney trigger (3lbs 12oz), and stuffed into a KRG stock. Just barely sighted in and starting load development. Here's a 0.612" group on the 19th round. I'd say the new Remarms are shooters.
1697598805140.jpeg

I have a ruger American I've been super impressed with. I don't really like the bolt it's not that smooth and the stock isn't the best but I sure love the ar mag and it shoots good

My money went to a new 223 sps stainless. It's gonna get cut and threaded.... and shot... soon as the 204, 22 250, and 17 hornet get cut and threaded..

Like it so much one might get squirreled away for a 17 rem or 300 blk out. Looks to me like remarms has brought them back right.

I have two Savage rifles, both in .223, and both with which I have been pleased. One is a Model 110 Storm. Very accurate and has functioned flawlessly. It`s a hunting rifle in all respects, easily sub-MOA at 100 with loads it likes. My range rifle is a Model 12 LRPV. It is marketed as a varmint rifle and is actually a target rifle action in an HS Precision stock. VERY accurate, sub-MOA groups at 500 yard are more than possible if I shoot properly! I suppose you could hunt with it, but I don`t think most folks would want to carry it very far. I haven`t weighed it but its got to be 12-13 lbs all up.

Recent Posts