221 Fire Ball CFE BLK 40gr Berger

Out Back

Purchased a new CZ 527 in the .221 a week ago.. The gun shop I got it at had three of them and two weeks later they were all gone.

I'm going to try the new Powder CFE BLK with a 40gr Berger Varmint.

and GM205M Primers................with Lapua cases.

I realize that his Powder just hit the market and see that 3600 with the 40gr bullet is what it will give.............

Has anyone tried this new Powder?? Or the 40gr Berger in there .221?

I haven't tried either, but the cfe looks to be top of the velocity heap for the 40's. I recently bought a 700 in 221. The only thing I've loaded so far is bulk hornady 55 gr sp's with h4198. 18.2 gr is the sweet spot in my gun with norma brass. Not sure if you've seen this, but...

Hodgdon Reloading | Home

221 Fireball is one of my favorite cartridges. Mine is a Rem 700 stainless with a Boyd's thumbhole stock.

Lots of experimentation with different bullets, powders and primers. My favorite and most accurate load is Reloader #7 under Nosler 40 grain ballistic tip bullets.

I have a Cooper in .221FB and have experimented w/ L'il Gun and H110. After seeing the specs w/ CFE Black, I bought a pound and will be working w/ it this year.

Look out prairie dogs!

Are you in Ohio? Did you know Ohio is an old Indian word? It means the land of never ending orange barrels along the highway.

Got a Remington classic in the FB. I use lil gun and 36 or 40 grain Barnes. love the round. will be trying the CFE BLK as well.

The CFE BLK is the real deal in the 221 FB
I have loaded 40gr and 50gr Sierra Blitz Kings and the 40 gr Nosler all Shot well and speeds were good for a 16.5 inch barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.