22 Creed?

Ya a couple of us did that 5 years ago. The bummer was making brass. My accuracy node was mid 3200's with 75 grain berger. Brass stretched pretty good. Now with Lapua brass that may be different. Shot a deer with it. Deer couldn't tell me which caliber I used. lol. drt.

On another note I had a 788 in 22-250 in safe and took it out put on a Shilen match 26' tube 1/8 only cause they suggested it cause of the velocities I was going to be running. Brass is a snap. Lapua. 3243 with 75 grain bergers with H414 under 1/2 minute. My rifle is a single shot though as I have them loaded way out. The AI might be an option also. 2 cents

that's the reason I didn't want to fool with 224 grendel, it's a proven better performer than the valkyrie, the issue is just making the brass is a ton of work.

It is good that we can play with choices. Im now going to build a Sherman. Why cause I can. I have never seen an animal know the difference in caliber hit well or poorly.

It is good that we can play with choices. Im now going to build a Sherman. Why cause I can. I have never seen an animal know the difference in caliber hit well or poorly.
I thought about doing one of Rich's cartridges. This was a spur of the moment thing, and my smith has the reamer for the 22 Creed.

Last edited:
I've been shooting the 22 creedmoor for several months now. I've really been enjoying it. I have shot almost exclusively 95gr SMK @ 3085fps. Re26 has been my go to powder. I've yet to find anything not to like with it.

Remington 700 worked over by LRI
1-7 Schneider barrel 26" barrel

Attachments

• A897C140-60DD-4FD7-845A-2A64340D5246.jpeg
    A897C140-60DD-4FD7-845A-2A64340D5246.jpeg
    316.8 KB · Views: 127
There will be a few suppliers of good 22 Creedmoor brass before to long..
It's been a breeze for me to make as soon as I got away from bushing dies and just got a FL 22 Creedmoor die from Whidden.

I noticed earlier this week that my local sporting good store was selling alpha 22 creedmoor brass for $110/100pcs and came in a plastic flip top box similar to MTM's.

There will be a few suppliers of good 22 Creedmoor brass before to long..
It's been a breeze for me to make as soon as I got away from bushing dies and just got a FL 22 Creedmoor die from Whidden.
What issues in forming brass were you having? I've had no problem using bushing does on 6mm creedmoor brass.

Kept getting donuts at shoulder neck junction but it was 6.5 Creedmoor brass...
When I started with the 22 Creedmoor they had not invented 6 Creedmoor's yet.

I've been shooting a 22-243, 8 twist, for many years. I simply neck down Lapua 243 brass. Would the 22 Creed be of any advantage?

No, not that I would stake my life on especially with the .243 and .260 fan boys here.;)

The biggest differences are the neck length, shoulder angle and factory brass. I shot the .22-243 Improved for a couple of years and it always performed great. The best though was the 22-6mm Rem Improved. With the right length barrel, loaded with the tested bullet and powder combination, you had the best of the fire-breathing dragons by the tail! It is an excellent prairie dog machine.

But all that aside, I've been running a couple of different .22 Creedmoors with the new brass and having great results and lots of fun. No brass work, load and go shoot. The newest one hot off the lathe is for the Sierra 95 grain MK. The others I use for all the 75 and 80 grain .22 AMAX I bought for prairie dogs.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.