215 Berger Speed

I'm currently 38 off. I'm looking for .5 moa. with reasonable speed (don't need 3k to be happy). An easy shooting, accurate load works for me.

Do you have room to move it up to 20 off? To be honest though I am more then 38 off with the 215 bergers and it still shoots under 3/4 of a inch group @200 yards.

I would adjust the charge weight up and down a little and see what happens. Then try to move the bullet in or out a little at a time to see what happens. sometimes its also the way the case is sized.

Went to the range yesterday and tried some higher doses phd h1000. 77.8 yielded 2950 and 1.1" at 200m. I'm sure that I can get the group smaller, but the hot weather makes this very difficult to get many rounds off. Thank you for all the advice.

I just got done shooting my initial loads 215 hybrid , Norma brass , 73 grns H1000, CCI 250's , jumping .045" due to mag length. This load was very accurate, easily 1/3 MOA but a bit on the slow side at 2775 . If I can bump up the speed to 2850+ I'll be more than satisfied with the combination.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.