2019 Dall Sheep Success

Great write up-thanx for sharing. Excellent sheep. I will be hunting the Tok Management Area starting 1 Sept. It has taken me 33 years to get drawn and am hoping for a "hog" to end my sheep hunting days on. I will be hunting with son #3.

Awesome and great luck on the draw and on the hunt. The area is unforgiving but the memories will never be forgotten.

Very cool! Jealous for sure. How are you planning on mounting?

I wish i had thought ahead when building my house and make some spare room for a pedestal mount. However I have plenty of wall space so will be doing a shoulder mount and making a rock scenery around it.
I was lucky enough to recover the bullet and have all the paper work for check in size and information that i will plaque under it

Congrats on an AWESOME hunt and ram! Good for you! Great write up. Thank you for sharing.

I see you used a Ruger M77. That sounds rare on a sheep hunt but I'm glad to see it. I'm a big Ruger fan also. Was this an older original M77 (tang safety)? Just curious.

Again...Congrats!

Thanks! A once in a lifetime hunt that i hope to pull off way later in life again...maybe

Not an older ruger, bought back in '10 ish?? 26" barrel stainless and synthetic which they don't make anymore in the 25-06. I have made a lot of "luck" shots with this rifle over the years and felt comfortable with it. Did the job and then some

View attachment 146529 Congrats on a great sheep and thanks for telling us about your adventure. I took this old ram last Dec in our (AZ) Desert Sheep Season. He is not the largest desert ram taken but he is mine! I had always wanted a wide Nelsoni Ram and after applying in the same units for 17 years, I drew tag no. 2 of 2 in 15d south. I took him the first day of the season. Not as grueling or adventurous as hunting the Dall's or Stone's but an Arizona Desert Sheep hunt is a great hunt in awesome country. I could not be more happy or proud of him as I know you are of your magnificent Ram. He will look mighty fine in his place next to my Stone and Dall Rams on the fireplace. I would like to invite anyone who can make it to the AZ Desert Bighorn Sheep's Ram Recognition Banquet Oct 5, 2019 at the Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Convention Center, Palm Ballroom, 60 E 5th St, Tempe, AZ 85281. Tickets can be purchased on line at ADBSS's website. My Ram as well as many of the sheep taken in 2018 will be on display. It is a good time and there will be some truly magnificent Rams on display.
Thanks again
Travis

Awesome ram, I would strive to be able to hunt and harvest each sheep species as i have been "bit" by the bug per say now. Maybe some financial luck and planning can knock a few out here an there but that is a great ram. Many a jealous of the opportunity. Congrats on the success!

Congrats! Sheep hunts change a person inside for some reason. Most satisfying hunts on earth in my opinion.

From my experience it makes you think more mentally and pushes you physically. I would be lying if I said i was all in at every point of this hunt. There were times that I considered thinking this is not doable...thinking how much weight you are humping up this 5800' elevation of a mountain.
But taking time, pushing through and knowing what the pay off can be, that is what changes someone in my opinion

Fantastic, well done!!!.

One of my bucket list!!

Which outfitter did you go with? Go again?

Feel free to PM me, this was a bucket list hunt myself that i put first and will be knocking more viable ones off now. I went with Alaskan Hunting Adventures after calling more than 6 different outfits and more references than i can count (probably near 100 or more). I would recommend and can give more details on my decision and what i looked for.

Congratulations! What a hard earned trophy. Great pictures and a very nice write up. Thanks for sharing it with us. Not many will ever have the pleasure of pursuing a sheep. Nice to live vicariously ;)

Thanks and I will say more hard earned than I ever expected.
I was lucky enough to plan and pursue this dream prior to other life arrangements. Put this ahead of other decisions that many people questioned but after this experience I know i made the right decision for me.

Thanks! A once in a lifetime hunt that i hope to pull off way later in life again...maybe

Not an older ruger, bought back in '10 ish?? 26" barrel stainless and synthetic which they don't make anymore in the 25-06. I have made a lot of "luck" shots with this rifle over the years and felt comfortable with it. Did the job and then some

Ruger makes a very sturdy rifle. I have a handful of them and Love' Em all!

Again, congrats and thanks for sharing.