2013 & 2015 Hell's Canyon trip

carpetman2

After passing up 7 bulls in 5 days, I decided to take this guy since I still had help to get him out. Then my son took this beauty the next day. Great trip.

Attachments

• photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 215
Re: 2013 Hell's Canyon trip

Here are some more pictures we took. My son obviously took this guy where it was actually sane. Some of that country is nearly straight up and down.

Attachments

• DSCF0016.jpg
    DSCF0016.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0037.jpg
    IMG_0037.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0049.jpg
    IMG_0049.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 184

Wow....those are some great pics and some very nice bulls that one looks huge!! Did you guys score it and was it over 330? Either way massive ID bull

I don't think he has officially scored it yet. It is a very nice bull, and it was a blast to just be with your son on such a great harvest and hunt. I actually had both my sons and one of my son in laws on this hunt and will remember it for the rest of my life. This was the 4th time we have drawn that unit and they have all been unique and a lot of memories. That's the best part, a lot of family memories doing what you love to do in some of the most beautiful rugged country in our State. :)

Well, not very far. Mine was right at 300 yards and my son Kyle's was at 140yards. We were fortunate, sometimes the distances in this unit are just plain crazy.

Close or far, still gotta put those bulls down. Being able to shoot long distances is just a nice option to have. Nice shooting

I can't believe it, but my son and I both drew again for this unit. The sad thing is, the Idaho Fish & Game is ruining this unit with all the extra cow tags they are issuing on top of increasing the bow tags and the regular cow tags the past several years. What a terrible mistake. Seems like no one in Gov't can make a good decision these days. I am still excited about this coming year in Hell's Canyon though it may prove more difficult to find success for a number of reasons including how dry it is.

You would be better off Jet boating, but you could float it too; or should I say i know some who have. The biggest problem is you have to climb each trip and coming down to the river in most places is hard with meat. Plus, the elk are around middle elevation & higher most of the time.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.