200 grain 6.5 revisited (Attention Elkaholic, and Hammer)

The new VihtaVuori N568 powder has much smaller granules compared to N570, while not exactly a ball powder but smaller than the short cut series from IMR, should work great in large cased 6.5mm and 257 cal cartridges

The new VihtaVuori N568 powder has much smaller granules compared to N570, while not exactly a ball powder but smaller than the short cut series from IMR, should work great in large-cased 6.5mm and 257 cal cartridges

Burn rate? I'll have to research it. Thanks.

The new VihtaVuori N568 powder has much smaller granules compared to N570, while not exactly a ball powder but smaller than the short cut series from IMR, should work great in large cased 6.5mm and 257 cal cartridges
Is there a new powder (568) or did you mean 565?

Nice. No powder bridging if the extruded pieces are smaller than IMR 'short cut'.

Just put some N570 in your blender and it'll become fine cut...

good idea, maybe mix in blender with H1000 and US869 for a Triplex mix, to gain the slow burning properties of '69 and temp tame with H1000 with the High Energy of N568

good idea, maybe mix in blender with H1000 and US869 for a Triplex mix, to gain the slow burning properties of '69 and temp tame with H1000 with the High Energy of N568

Hahaha perfect!!!!

We probably shouldn't even joke like this...some yahoo will come across this thread in 10 years and think we are serious!!! Lol

Should probably name it the 6.5 Ultra Creedmoor too that way it will magically hit any target you point at out too 2000 yards.

I remember reading somewhere that Elmer Keith ? not 100% sure if him ... did a bit of expirimenting with duplex and triplex powder charges, seems like the practice was not recommended for the typical reloader

I remember reading somewhere that Elmer Keith ? not 100% sure if him ... did a bit of expirimenting with duplex and triplex powder charges, seems like the practice was not recommended for the typical reloader
Running duplex loads with front ignition completely changes everything, way interesting to do but suxs making little tubes, my dad played with this many years ago and it was cool, recoil was completely odd!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.