2 morning coyotes

ba19500

I was checking on cattle 2 days ago and spotted 3 of this years coyote pups on a hillside. The next morning I went back with my Ruger 77 30/06 and tri-pod. This time 5 showed up. I lasered them at 265 yards. I held to put a bullet behind the elbow and 4 inches up from the belly line. I shot one then another that ran over about 15 feet and missed a 3rd. Hit the first two right where I wanted to. I left them lay and went back this morning but none showed. The TNT bullet must have missed bone since the holes were only noticeable from blood spots.

Good way to start out the year even if it was hot out.

i saw one last Friday eve at 8pm. I had my 243 with me but overestimated his range and sent one over his back. He made the brush line before I could chamber another round and get lined up. He was at about 250 yards and I figured 320 yards. 2moa x 250 yards = a 5" shift in POI so it parted the hair on his back.. He sure lit up those afterburners.. has not been back since and I have been out several evenings since. Night hunting will be starting shortly.

Nice work BA19500, keep it up!

I also was able to nab a couple summer dogs over the last few weeks. I have to say though it is a lot tougher to spot them this time of year with the grass and brush so tall! Here's one I bumped into on my way to a stand. He stopped to look back over his shoulder just 1 second too long. Can't wait for the cold weather!

Attachments

• 20150725_074905.jpg
    20150725_074905.jpg
    432.9 KB · Views: 123
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.