178 gr ELDX 300win mag

jbolt

Just wondering if anyone has found a good load for this new bullet by hornady. (178gr ELD-X 30 cal .308 ) 300Win Mag , I shoot a Rem 700 LRH had great groups with nosler ballistic tips. My problem is the bullet is hard to come by here in Montana and I did not want to waste the few I got my hands on.

Thank you all for your time.

Jake.

Just wondering if anyone has found a good load for this new bullet by hornady. (178gr ELD-X 30 cal .308 ) 300Win Mag , I shoot a Rem 700 LRH had great groups with nosler ballistic tips. My problem is the bullet is hard to come by here in Montana and I did not want to waste the few I got my hands on.

Thank you all for your time.

Jake.

Jake,

Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

Have you considered buying them online? Most of my bullets are purchased online.

Ed

Still on back order at midway. It's been 5 weeks. Do you know another online source ?

Thanks.

Jake.

Still on back order at midway. It's been 5 weeks. Do you know another online source ?

Thanks.

Jake.

Is this what you are backordered >>> Nosler Ballistic Tip Hunting Bullets 30 Cal (308 Diameter) 150 Grain

If so, try .30 150gr Ballistic Tip Bullets, Box of 50 | Bullets.com

The .300 Win Mag is my go to chambering from antelope to elk size game.

I have to admit, I use to shoot the 180 BT with very good success but stopped in 2003 and went with 200 NAB. Now, I use the heavy Berger VLD offerings. In 2013, I harvested a MT bull elk at 931 yards with 190 Berger VLD.

I have three .300 Win Mag but last year was my time hunting with my 1st ever .300 WSM. I'm currently using Berger 215 and harvested a 4x4 muley buck last year at 425 yards.

You have a lot excellent bullet choices for the .300 Win Mag but I have been very impressed with the Berger bullets. Got a box of 220 ELD-X from Scheel's in Great Falls to hopefully try this season.

Good luck!

Ed

The ELDX what a great bullet

In the 300 Win the 200gr seems to be very popular.
I use the 200gr in my 300 Win Mag with RL 22.
And the 178 ELDX in my 30-06.

Very good performer at long range.
I would reserve the heavier than ELDX 200 gr bullets for the Ultra Mags and Weatherby's.

In the 300 Win with the 178 ELDX........76.0 of RL 22 or 75.0 of IMR 4350.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.