12 gauge gas operated suggestion’s

I haven't done the math here but it sure seems like there's a lot of beretta suggestions. With so much support for the a400 it's definitely on the top of the list but after a few Fabarm mentioned I need to check into them as well. Thanks for all the input from all its much appreciated.

I've been a sporting clays guy for many years and about 12 years ago I sold off the O/U's for the Beretta 391 series. I've got 12s & 20s. The gunsmith at Coles, a well respected sales and service shop said that the 391 is a better gun. A400's are popular in SC but the 391s are more prevalent. They handle larger volumes with ease. My buddy shoots a 20 ga 391 for Grouse and he has retina issues. Felt recoil seems to be low.

I've been a sporting clays guy for many years and about 12 years ago I sold off the O/U's for the Beretta 391 series. I've got 12s & 20s. The gunsmith at Coles, a well respected sales and service shop said that the 391 is a better gun. A400's are popular in SC but the 391s are more prevalent. They handle larger volumes with ease. My buddy shoots a 20 ga 391 for Grouse and he has retina issues. Felt recoil seems to be low.
Is this a different model than the a300? And if so do they still make them

I didn't mention it in my previous post, but before my SX3's I shot a A391. Had a wood stock and bluing. It was my first steel compatible shotgun. Not the best finishe for a waterfowl environment though. But that gun has always run great and it has a good fit. I bought the thing back in the early 90's. Not planning to sell it.........because it hits where I look.

Pretty sure they made/make them with more moisture friendly finishes.

For me it is not even a question. It is the Beretta a400. 1100's were nice in their day, but they need much more regular maintenance and are nowhere near as easy to strip and clean and keep running as the Beretta. The only other gas gun I will throw out that may be in the same league is the Browning Maxus. Thats my opinion.

Is this a different model than the a300? And if so do they still make them
Yes it is a different model than the a300. And I dont think they make them any longer as I dont see them on their website. They were beretta's go to gun prior to the a400. My experience with both are they are both excellent guns and would be a toss up on which felt better to you.

Something else you may want to look into if you are only looking for reduced recoil. If you have inertia (recoil) shotguns look up adding a mercury chamber to one. My dads benelli m1 with a mercury chamber runs with the gas guns on recoil at least for upland.

Yes NW NM hunter I do have a couple inertia shotguns. Actually 2 20 gauge and a 12 gauge Stoeger that was available with the mercury weight. I purchased the sx4 and it didn't work out so I figured I would swap it for another gas gun I could use instead of the sx4 sitting in the safe.
I like to use my guns and hate to see one just sitting in there not getting any use! lol

I was set on a particular shotgun and with a fist full of money I went to my sporting goods store to buy it. For the hell of it, I threw a Benelli M2 up to my shoulder and just kept going back to it after trying to convince myself the shotgun I had wanted before I walked in was the one I should buy. Long story short, I now have two M2's, a super nova and an ultralight. Benelli might not be the best out there but because of how good it fits me it's the best for me. I instantly became a better shot. When asked for advice on the shotgun subject I always tell people to go into the store and throw them all up to your shoulder. Try lots and pick the one that fits you best regardless of price. You'll be a better shot and save on ammo so paying more up front is sometimes cheaper. I hunt saltwater flats a lot so have upgraded the main springs to an sealed stainless one.

I have a Beretta 390 trap I bought in 1996. 80,000+ rounds and still shoot it every week with no troubles. Have a shorter barrel I used to put on it for hunting pheasants. Also have several 302,303 and 391's. For me the Beretta autos are about as good as you can get.