WHAT HAVE WE - SHOOTERS HAVE BECOME

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
WHAT HAVE WE -SHOOTERS HAVE BECOME!!!!
There has been a shortage of reloader components for years. Look at when Clinton was in and the BANS on magazines and then components. Then Obama for EIGHT YEARS. What did we all do?? We survived it!!!
An 8# Jug of H-4380 was $130.00 then went up to $180. And leveled out to $220.00. Primers were $36.00 per brick for CCI BR2s &4S.
Prices started to jump up in the Trump era with Covid and then the Election. 2020 prices skyrocketed and the event with the War in UKRAINE.
That was several years ago and our Reloading Powder, Primers and especially LAPUA BRASS skyrocketed.
Now it is 2024 and there are Powder Manufactures, Brass Manufactures, Primer manufactures focusing on manufacturing for TWO Wars One in Ukraine and one in Israel.
A lot of us have powder that we bought several years ago and not using or going to "cash in". GUN BROKER is the Reloaders WORST ENEMY. Everything on GB is marked up several thousand % and when shooters pay these prices, we all lose!!!!!
Shooters & LRH Members can set their prices at whatever they want. We just look at this Forum as all friends and to help out each other. Sure, you can charge whatever you want, and you can pay whatever you want. But in the long run charging several times what you paid for an item- does it help our community?
If you want to be charging GB prices go to GB. Then again if you want to be a LRH Member and help out fellow Members to get components at a FAIR PRICE. Hey, stay on LRH and help out a fellow member. If you are just looking to make $$$$ maybe stick to GB. You already know that you bought something at a lower price so why gouge your fellow member.
WE ARE NOT TELLING ANYONE TO SET A PRICE FOR SELLING. OUR RULES ON LRH PROBHIT IT.
Just think at what you would want to buy an item for that you are selling!!!!
JUST A THOUGTH!!

It is interesting that an earlier seller complaint about our comments. So we stopped, now his ad is burried. If we offer NO comments, the ad gets no traction, gets lost on its own. That is my policy for now on, except of course for things I think are a great deal.
Cheers All

Last edited:
Supply and demand has always been how America operates--- it's one of the things that makes America America. People give their lives for this.

People have changed the way they think about "wants vs. needs"

I'm all about helping other members, but my view of helping is a box or so of ammo, a pound of powder, a few hundred primers maybe even a brick, etc - a whole jug is gonna get sold at market value in my eyes.

I don't condone scalping, but I don't waste my time worrying about it either

Last edited:
Speaking of prices, spot copper is up almost 40% in the last three months from about $3.70 per pound in Feb, to about $5.10 today.
Don't know how much that'll affect the price of bullets, but it's gonna raise the price fo sho !

I see your gripe about price gouging "but" who's to say what that person paid? If they ordered powder online they would have been charged shipping and hazmat which bumps the price that they actually paid.
When I sell something I look at retail price now and drop it down from there. If you purchased a rifle in the 60's and was still like new I doubt anyone would sell it for what they paid 60 years ago.
I don't like price gouging but if they are asking more than I think it's worth I just move along. JMO

ThinkN those primers, for $3 bucks per 100 prices, should come back, as soon as Chevy starts selling new 1/2 ton pickups for $5,000 bucks again. Just probably gonna have to wait a long time.
Five years ago I bought LRP for $39.00 per 1000 at my LGS. Chevrolet Silverado was $40.000 plus then. This is price gouging. PS, I reload for a GS owner who sells reloading components. I know for a fact that he is paying less than $50 per thousand.

Five years ago I bought LRP for $39.00 per 1000 at my LGS. Chevrolet Silverado was $40.000 plus then. This is price gouging. PS, I reload for a GS owner who sells reloading components. I know for a fact that he is paying less than $50 per thousand.
Some trucks are now $125k---- that's price gouging.

My first "brand new truck" I ever bought was back in 1994, It was a standard cab base model 1500 dodge (back then they didnt come with rear bumpers and had rubber floor mats-crank windows-cassette player radios-plain steel wheels) --- it cost me $14000 out the door from the dealership- base model now is $42k

"Inflation"?

When 100 primers was $3 bucks and 1/2T Chevy was $5G's, Chevrolet could still call e'm Apache, those days are long Gone!!

Recent Posts