Spring Bear 2024

We arrived home Thursday from our 5 day trip in Idaho. Weather conditions were less than ideal, but huntable. We saw a total of one bear. The last few years we have left on the last Friday of April and have had lots of success. Last year we got three bears in 4 days. The green up was way advanced compared to other years. I believe this caused the bears to spread out and go high earlier than normal.

The last day of a five day hunt! Got lucky and spotted this guy in a tree. I was able to get a shot at 100 yards with the 6.5 prc and 125HHT. Perfect shot, took the top of the heart. He made it about 5 feet up the tree before going limp and fell perfectly to the base making an easy and fast recovery.

Attachments

• IMG_2816.png
    IMG_2816.png
    632.4 KB · Views: 61
The last day of a five day hunt! Got lucky and spotted this guy in a tree. I was able to get a shot at 100 yards with the 6.5 prc and 125HHT. Perfect shot, took the top of the heart. He made it about 5 feet up the tree before going limp and fell perfectly to the base making an easy and fast recovery.
Congratulations 🎊

Animated Card Thumbs Up GIF