NX8 4-32 ring selection & Butler creek caps on LRB M25

ANARCHIST

Wife bought a NX8 4-32 for me since I been tire kicking - anyone have an idea on ring height for a rail on this type rifle with a rail? (will post a pic)

And also scope covers Butler or another brand?

This rifle goes everywhere with me, the old Bushnell needs be retired, any help greatly appreciated.

TIA

You "should" be OK with low height rings but depending on the cant in your scope base ( a 20 MOA rail will put the objective closer to the barrel) and your barrel profile, are you running a proof sendero or sporter profile ?
You can call Seekins Precision or Nightforce or whatever rings you go with and ask them what height to run.
[email protected] 208.743.3400

Wife bought a NX8 4-32 for me since I been tire kicking - anyone have an idea on ring height for a rail on this type rifle with a rail? (will post a pic)

And also scope covers Butler or another brand?

This rifle goes everywhere with me, the old Bushnell needs be retired, any help greatly appreciated.

TIA
Do you already have the scope and the rail? If so, I have found that one of the simplest and best ways to do it is to stack pennies on top of the mounted rail in each place where a scope ring would go. Then take a set of calipers and measure the stacks of pennies and order that size of rings. This is convenient because you can make sure that your bolt opens and your scope caps are covered while getting the lowest mount possible. Do a quick search on youtube / google search for scope ring height with pennies and they should point you in the right direction. Each scope, rail, and gun combo will be different

You "should" be OK with low height rings but depending on the cant in your scope base ( a 20 MOA rail will put the objective closer to the barrel) and your barrel profile, are you running a proof sendero or sporter profile ?
You can call Seekins Precision or Nightforce or whatever rings you go with and ask them what height to run.
My favorite is the 6-screw Badger Ordnance "Max 50" steel rings, usually in "high" configuration. There is a definitive chart on their web page that clearly shows relevant clearance dimensions.

My favorite is Badger Ordnance Max 50 6-screw steel rings. Badger has a great size chart for clearances...I usually use "high" rings on bolt guns and extra high on AR's.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts