New member from England

Evening all!

Just wanted to introduce myself. Im Ben, im a hunter from the north of England, UK. I hunt mainly Fallow, Roe and Red deer but also manage a herd of Sika too. I also shoot shotgun, mainly game, Partridge, Duck, Grouse and Pheasant. Im a hunting guide and train and assess for the UK hunting and firearm qualifications (they're not mandatory).. also a lover of custom hunting rifles and long range shooting and hunting.

Favourite calibre… 6.5x284 and 243 Ackley. Also shoot 7mm's..

Here to learn more and read more stories from the US. hoping to visit the US this year.

To be fair, I think the plan is to visit MT for a few weeks in June. It's actually my honeymoon! With it being out of general hunting season, I'd love to do some fishing and ideally get out into the back and beyond. I'd like to find a guide who could take us into the mountains with mules or horses for a few days and do some camping and fishing..

And/or, I'd love to shoot some PD. but my knowledge of where to go and who to speak to is non-existent! I'd really like the real experience rather than paying a fortune to go on a nature walk or catch stocked fish..

Any help or advice would be great!

Hey There
Welcome to the LRH Forum from GA.
This is the BEST Forum on LR Hunting, Reloading and GS for information and discussion.
The most important part of this Forum are the people!!! A lot of GREAT members and a wealth of information. Can't meet a better bunch of Gals and Guys!!!!
We look forward to your participation and sharing your knowledge with the group.

If we can help in any way let us Gals and Guys know.
Len & Jill

I see that you have a 6.5X284. We have some NIB for sale if interested.

RCBS MATCHMASTER DIES 6.5x284 NIB *REDUCED* Brass Available **NEW NEVER USED**
We have one set of 6.5 x 284 RCBS MATCHMASTER FL Bushing Dies NIB **REDUCED** $140 (no bushing included) Will add a Sealed Box of Lapua 6.5X284 Brass for both $340.00 TYD SHIPPED IN CONUS.

To be fair, I think the plan is to visit MT for a few weeks in June. It's actually my honeymoon! With it being out of general hunting season, I'd love to do some fishing and ideally get out into the back and beyond. I'd like to find a guide who could take us into the mountains with mules or horses for a few days and do some camping and fishing..

And/or, I'd love to shoot some PD. but my knowledge of where to go and who to speak to is non-existent! I'd really like the real experience rather than paying a fortune to go on a nature walk or catch stocked fish..

Any help or advice would be great!
You could possibly start a thread asking for some assistance. Plenty of helpful members from Montana that would be happy to help point you in the right direction.

Evening all!

Just wanted to introduce myself. Im Ben, im a hunter from the north of England, UK. I hunt mainly Fallow, Roe and Red deer but also manage a herd of Sika too. I also shoot shotgun, mainly game, Partridge, Duck, Grouse and Pheasant. Im a hunting guide and train and assess for the UK hunting and firearm qualifications (they're not mandatory).. also a lover of custom hunting rifles and long range shooting and hunting.

Favourite calibre… 6.5x284 and 243 Ackley. Also shoot 7mm's..

Here to learn more and read more stories from the US. hoping to visit the US this year.
At lease you can bring a gun here. Some items are needed to bring it in, but in England that's totally different. Not allow to bring in a rifle or go through there on your way to Africa or other parts in Europe. Also I am supprise you are allowed to own a rifle or shotgun their.
Anyway welcome.

Recent Posts