Looking for Respectable Mule Deer Hunt

Not sure why people hunt mule deer in states that require draws or purchasing tags. Research Texas mule deer hunting options. I'm not sure why people spend money trying to get tags, when they could save that money towards a free range Texas hunt.
Most likely because it's all private land hunts? If you google public land mule deer hunting in Texas, it doesn't seem like a great option. Private land, it does seem like a solid option though for sure.

The manner of the hunt matters to me. One of many reasons I return to SD tag or no tag every year to pull the trigger or glass for someone.
I understand. my comments were directed towards those hunters who are frustrated by the inability to get the right to hunt. I'm 77 and understand their frustration. Save some bucks, and come to Texas to fulfill your dream.

Not sure why people hunt mule deer in states that require draws or purchasing tags. Research Texas mule deer hunting options. I'm not sure why people spend money trying to get tags, when they could save that money towards a free range Texas hunt.
No offense but Texas deer are very tiny. Colorado mule deer can be consistently 30-33 inches in certain areas.

I understand. my comments were directed towards those hunters who are frustrated by the inability to get the right to hunt. I'm 77 and understand their frustration. Save some bucks, and come to Texas to fulfill your dream.

Understand that. I hunt with a guy your age, enjoying the hunts while I can. Though, he's made it clear he's going shoot off his walker and make me do the hard work till the day he croaks.

I have to settle for this guy. When season starts he high tails it from the state park to buddy's family section which shares a fence line with the park.

We watched it at end of the season, on occasion he showed up this year. We figured out his travel path from park to the ranch.

For free, I can't complain, not as big as in other states, but I am taking it this year. That is if opportunity presents itself.

IMG_0124.(1).jpg

You Sir are misinformed. This past season a 242 inch mule deer was taken on the ranch where i hunt.
High fence? They also have species from Africa. Not my thing. I can trap a mulie from Colorado and put it in Florida I spose. I also am not interested in shooting a GM freak.

Last edited:
Ft Bragg has great hog hunting.

Recent Posts