just picked up two new HS's

hshunter

just picked up two new HS\'s

finally got two HS's that have been on order forever!!
ones a 270 WSM and the other is a 7mm WSM
DSCN0392.jpg

DSCN0388.jpg

nmhunter

Re: just picked up two new HS\'s

Very nice Tom, I hope to get up your way and I'll have to check those out in person (at the range, without lopes this time ) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I'll bring the FoxPro along too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Take care,
Mike

I'm really interested to hear how they shoot.
I know you are proud, and I am happy for you.

Nice looking handguns but seeing these two side by side makes me a bit concerned.

Make for **** sure that a 270 WSM round never finds its way into the 7mm WSM chamber!!!

Anytime I see two firearms set up so similiarly and chambered in rounds where a potential hazard could arrise, it makes me a bit nervous. Just keep track of which is which!!!

Let us know how they shoot and how those brakes work for you.

Kirby Allen(50)

Thanks guys for the comments. Fifty, thanks for your concern as well. I will be very careful when shooting these two as to not mix the rounds. The brake works very well, I have it on my 300 WSM HS as well. Just one more on the way and then the collection is finished. (for now)
nmhunter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Just one more on the way and then the collection is finished. (for now)

[/ QUOTE ]

What cartridge?

325 WSM, they finally made it!! It only took two years to persuade Todd that the handgun in the WSM's would work. They will also make the 6.5x284 now as well. but they did advise me that inorder to remove a live round the bolt would have to be removed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gifthat was a given.
I may have to think about that as the next one but it will be a while before that becomes a reality.
the 325 is shipped and should be here today or tomorrow.will post pics when it is here.
nmhunter

Are those Burris sunshades or aftermarkets? I was thinking of putting one on my 3-12 but didn't think Burris made one for it.

Well, Tom I think you likley have more H-S's than anyone I know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I hope you enjoy all of them.

tjose are Burris sunshades that work on the 3-12, but I can't remember what they were originally made for.

thanks Ernie, been working on the collection for some time. now it is time to sit back and shoot them. the sunshades are for the compact rifle scope, I pulled he info from the burris site. Doug first told me about them in WY last year. They fit the 3x12 perfectly
nmhunter

Do you have a 338 WSM? I think you would be very impressed, especially with the 180 and 225 gr Accubonds. Mine will get 2950 fps with a 180 gr in the 15" Lilja.

The larger bores really free up extra velocity by reducing baring surface for a give bullet weight.

The 338 WSM is an absolute hammer on big game out to 500 yards, well alot farther then that but that is as far as I have used it on big game.

Will be interested to hear how your 325 will perform. There are some very good new bullets out for that caliber as well!!!

Also, do you have a 6.5mm WSM???? Another hell of an option in an XP. near 3100 fps with 120 gr Ballistic Tip. Just getting ready to test the 130 gr Accubonds out as well. Mine is actually set up for the 140-142 gr class bullets but it shoots the 120 gr Ballistic Tips so well I never got around to testing any longer range bullets!!!

Keep us posted.

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby, keep us posted on the Accubond, that's gonna be the first bullet I try in the 6.5 wssm when it gets done.

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts