In a quandry over a barrel, please help

Don Rackley

I have a 7PRC that shoots very well, it's a Defiance, Manners LRH, Proof Carbon bbl......

I also have a 7mm Rem Mag in a trued Rem 700 action with Proof 1:8 twist, Manners EH1 that shoots real well.

Several months ago, I ordered a Krieger .284 cal, 5R grooved, 1:8 twist stainless bbl in #5 bull contour and it is ready to ship. What should I do with it? I think it will be super accurate and I will have it fluted to shave about 8 ozs.

What should I do with it?

I have a 7PRC that shoots very well, it's a Defiance, Manners LRH, Proof Carbon bbl......

I also have a 7mm Rem Mag in a trued Rem 700 action with Proof 1:8 twist, Manners EH1 that shoots real well.

Several months ago, I ordered a Krieger .284 cal, 5R grooved, 1:8 twist stainless bbl in #5 bull contour and it is ready to ship. What should I do with it? I think it will be super accurate and I will have it fluted to shave about 8 ozs.

What should I do with it?
If you sell and give Phil first choice. then I'll take seconds

I have the heavy sporter Krieger on a somewhat heavy open country rig. It's about 10.5 pounds ready to load. FYI.
So your options are build a real long range rig for target work or a rifle you can drive to a spot and short hike in to a "stand" and hunt, depending on all the stuff you start assembling on it.
I would think 7RM, 7-300, 28 Nosler as a last resort. I would choose the chambering first and buy the brass and bullets you'll need going forward. It should shoot well with that heavier barrel no matter which way you go.