How Loud Are The Cicadas Where You Are?

Pastor Gun.zales

Here in Northwest Arkansas these cicadas are driving me crazy! They are loud, continually loud, and have been for a few days. So, I decided to make a video to see what's louder... this year's plague of locust or suppressed subsonic .308win.

You decide, but if I was Pharoah, I might have let the Israelites go if I had to listen to about a thousand times worse than this LOL.

By the way, these are 168gr Nosler Custom Competitions being pushed by TiteGroup and through my CGS Hyperion Suppressor.

Pretty much nonexistent in my area of Tennessee although I recently went to Columbia Tennessee to a gun store and they were flying around intersections everywhere dead on the ground, but not very noisy. They had a very good supply of different powders, projectiles and pretty much anything else you could ask for.

Pretty much nonexistent in my area of Tennessee although I recently went to Columbia Tennessee to a gun store and they were flying around intersections everywhere dead on the ground, but not very noisy.
My friend in Sparta, TN says the same thing. Y'all must be living right because I might sleep with earmuffs tonight hahaha

Glad to be missing out on this brood. I had to wear noise cancelling headphones fishing in 2021 to keep from going bat poop crazy. Sure did catch a boat load of trout and carp that summer though.

IMG_0385.jpeg

Well..at least you can hear the critters
..my bad ears and the tinnitus on top of that really sucks...
My aids having a very slight noise canceling programmed into them..and it doesn't cancel all the tinnitus noise....
When I pull my aids from my ears the tinnitus noise erupts into what I believe I heard as a kid growing up near wetlands..frogs..crickets...all those evenings of a symphony of small creatures making their noise.....
Oh to hear less tinnitus.....
They say tinnitus can be caused by many different reasons....
Birth defects...
Medicines...
Loud noises...
Barometric pressure....
Allergies....
Injuries.....
Concussions....if this is true I can understand why football players have a high rate of suicide.....never ending noises in the head...high pitched screaming..whining....sometimes impulsed explosions....changes of sounds and the effects can make you sick to your stomach......

Cicadas.....I'd take that noise and not complain....might have lots of fun with a BB gun though.....

I was hearing reports of huge swarms on Cicadas only a few miles away from my house, but they were not in my neck of the woods. This abruptly changed about a week ago. They are now thick in the woods around my house. They are annoyingly loud. I can no longer hear the abundance of song birds from my deck in the mornings and evenings.

Recent Posts