House Proposes Ban on 50 BMG

del2les

Stop Arming Cartels Act makes it unlawful to make, sell, possess a rifle 'capable of firing .50-caliber ammunition'

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – Two members of Congress from Texas and one from Florida have filed a bill they say will cut down on drug cartel violence by banning .50-caliber rifles in America.

The Stop Arming Cartels Act of 2024 proposes banning the manufacture, sale, possession, importation or transfer of .50-caliber rifles by civilians in the United States. The legislation filed by Democratic U.S. Reps. Joaquin Castro and Veronica Escobar of Texas, and Maxwell Frost of Florida would require anyone who possesses one such rifle prior to the bill going into effect to register it in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record.

The bill also calls for victims of gun violence to be allowed to sue manufacturers and dealers who violate a federal statute known as the Kingpin Act. It establishes an exemption to the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act that shields gunmakers from most lawsuits.

(More at link)

Stop Arming Cartels Act makes it unlawful to make, sell, possess a rifle 'capable of firing .50-caliber ammunition'

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – Two members of Congress from Texas and one from Florida have filed a bill they say will cut down on drug cartel violence by banning .50-caliber rifles in America.

The Stop Arming Cartels Act of 2024 proposes banning the manufacture, sale, possession, importation or transfer of .50-caliber rifles by civilians in the United States. The legislation filed by Democratic U.S. Reps. Joaquin Castro and Veronica Escobar of Texas, and Maxwell Frost of Florida would require anyone who possesses one such rifle prior to the bill going into effect to register it in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record.

The bill also calls for victims of gun violence to be allowed to sue manufacturers and dealers who violate a federal statute known as the Kingpin Act. It establishes an exemption to the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act that shields gunmakers from most lawsuits.

(More at link)

Surprised that this is being proposed by lawmakers from Texas…even if they are democratic ones. I know it's a gross generalization and I could be accused of all kinds of offensive things….but if you just look at the last names it does sound about right that "Castro and Escobar" don't think Americans should be allowed to own big scary guns haha.

Different Castro, and different Escobar that come to mind of course, not equating the two.

This sounds like typical liberal bull 💩 to me though, boringly predictable. It's been the administrative paradigm in Canada for a long time:

Criminals, gangs, cartels, etc commit crime with guns. Therefore the solution is to disarm everyone else 🤦🏻

"For your protection"…. 🙄

Surprised that this is being proposed by lawmakers from Texas…even if they are democratic ones. I know it's a gross generalization and I could be accused of all kinds of offensive things….but if you just look at the last names it does sound about right that "Castro and Escobar" don't think Americans should be allowed to own big scary guns haha.

Different Castro, and different Escobar that come to mind of course, not equating the two.

This sounds like typical liberal bull 💩 to me though, boringly predictable. It's been the administrative paradigm in Canada for a long time:

Criminals, gangs, cartels, etc commit crime with guns. Therefore the solution is to disarm everyone else 🤦🏻

"For your protection"…. 🙄
Leftist' logic is like demanding the castration of all males due to a few rapes occurring across town, or banning all cars to curb drunk driving accidents.

The best description I heard was that the left are like a flock of sheep, upset because they keep getting killed and eaten by wolves. They conclude that really it's the wolves teeth that do the killing. Teeth, then, are the problem, not wolves per se. So, out of an abundance of wisdom and intelligence, they commit to the most obvious sensible solution: they remove all of their own teeth! yes it's a painful and inconvenient sacrifice, but this is what is necessary to keep everyone safe from the wolves

Last edited:

(More at link)
Let's take guns away from American Citizens so the cartels will have all the High Cap Mags, Full Auto, Suppressors, and now .50 csal.
Makes perfect senseo_O

You would think by now these so-called experts, the dumb smart people would understand that the cartels can and do buy illegal weapons from all over the world including weapons we sell to friendly countries. I'm pretty sure they aren't going into the Dallas Fort Worth gun shop(s) and buying Barrets off the rack, sure there might be a few staw buys here and there, it happens, but... my money is on 95% of the Cartils firearms are foreign bought, you know... like some of the ones that Biden left in Afghanistan in that brilliant pull out of our troops, not to mention the ones we gave the Afagany Police and Military fighters, that the Taliban has also taken and has been selling to anyone with money to buy them and the Cartel has plenty of money with our open border. Our government "experts" need to pull their heads out of their "A's" and stop kissing babies for photo ops and ink and go to work. These people are infuriating! No, I don't own a .50 but... that doesn't mean I don't think other people shouldn't. I'll bet if the cartel was running over people with an EV it wouldn't be a problem, government almost always gets this kind of stuff wrong.
Just my 0.2 Cheers.

Last edited:
Both if those from Texas are hard core comie pinko liberal morons ( not like there is another type)
How about instead of taking things away from us....take them from the criminals? Maybe stop them from walking in unchecked? How about lock up criminals for a change? How about.....just leave us alone??

You would think by now these so-called experts, the dumb smart people would understand that the cartels can and do buy illegal weapons from all over the world including weapons we sell to friendly countries. I'm pretty sure they aren't going into the Dallas Fort Worth gun shop(s) and buying Barrets off the rack, sure there might be a few staw buys here and there, it happens, but... my money is on 95% of the Cartils firearms are foreign bought, you know... like some of the ones that Biden left in Afghanistan in that brilliant pull out of our troops, not to mention the ones we gave the Afagany Police and Military fighters, that the Taliban has also taken and has been selling to anyone with money to buy them and the Cartel has plenty of money with our open border. Our government "experts" need to pull their heads out of their "A's" and stop kissing babies for photo ops and ink and go to work. These people are infuriating! No, I don't own a .50 but... that doesn't mean I don't think other people shouldn't. I'll bet if the cartel was running over people with an EV it would be a problem, government almost always gets this kind of stuff wrong.
Just my 0.2 Cheers.
As long as it is a ev ...it's all good in their eyes