Hog Stimulus

long450

You fellows need a little stimulus to get you motivated to go out and shoot more hogs. So here it is. I shot these two along with 8 more out at my deer lease here in Texas. I got these two and 6 more on one stand in the morning. Here is how it went down.:

After sitting in the stand for about an hour with my thermal, one customer came in at 6:31am near my feeder to the west at about 106 yards. Because the night crew had cleaned up all of the corn and roasted soybeans during the night, the 150-pound boar was doing a "drive by". I decided it was light enough and grabbed my daytime rifle. It is a suppressed 6.5 Grendel with120 grain ELDM bullet. Shot him a little further back than I intended, probably because I didn't compensate enough for his forward movement. He ran off into the thorny brush while leaving a decent blood trail.

Thinking I likely would not see anything else; I was planning to get down as I was almost out of coffee. While I was finishing the last few swallows of coffee, at 7:03am a 100-pound boar, came in to the feeder to the north. This feeder has a fence around it, but I opened one side to let the pigs get in. As he made his way to the opening, I dropped him right in the fence opening. Same gun at 97 yards this time.

While thinking to myself that this was a successful morning, at 7:21am a 95 pound sow with four 20 pound piglets came in to the north feeder. Dropped her but she was doing the chicken and the piglets didn't know what to do. Unfortunately for them, 3 of them lined up and I shot all in one shot. The other piglet ran off but came back a couple of minutes later and I got it. No pictures of the piglet carnage as it was deemed too graphic.

No picture of the first hog since I don't like those thorns.
First feeder picture is the west feeder and second one is the north. This is what goes on when I am not there!

Attachments

• ba646e8b-3431-4e6f-86f8-2d5a720053a2.jpg
    ba646e8b-3431-4e6f-86f8-2d5a720053a2.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 4cff601b-407d-41f0-8f40-96230651d2d4.jpg
    4cff601b-407d-41f0-8f40-96230651d2d4.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 89291f4f-4a03-4a8c-880b-3afbf9e8c26a.jpg
    89291f4f-4a03-4a8c-880b-3afbf9e8c26a.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Fantastic! Glad to see them taking an extended dirt nap. Those things are like the plague, shoot everyone you see. I spent half a day yesterday and several hours this morning repairing their damaged just so I can mow without getting thrown off the tractor. I've shot several in the last month but they're like ants on an anthill.

You fellows need a little stimulus to get you motivated to go out and shoot more hogs. So here it is. I shot these two along with 8 more out at my deer lease here in Texas. I got these two and 6 more on one stand in the morning. Here is how it went down.:

After sitting in the stand for about an hour with my thermal, one customer came in at 6:31am near my feeder to the west at about 106 yards. Because the night crew had cleaned up all of the corn and roasted soybeans during the night, the 150-pound boar was doing a "drive by". I decided it was light enough and grabbed my daytime rifle. It is a suppressed 6.5 Grendel with120 grain ELDM bullet. Shot him a little further back than I intended, probably because I didn't compensate enough for his forward movement. He ran off into the thorny brush while leaving a decent blood trail.

Thinking I likely would not see anything else; I was planning to get down as I was almost out of coffee. While I was finishing the last few swallows of coffee, at 7:03am a 100-pound boar, came in to the feeder to the north. This feeder has a fence around it, but I opened one side to let the pigs get in. As he made his way to the opening, I dropped him right in the fence opening. Same gun at 97 yards this time.

While thinking to myself that this was a successful morning, at 7:21am a 95 pound sow with four 20 pound piglets came in to the north feeder. Dropped her but she was doing the chicken and the piglets didn't know what to do. Unfortunately for them, 3 of them lined up and I shot all in one shot. The other piglet ran off but came back a couple of minutes later and I got it. No pictures of the piglet carnage as it was deemed too graphic.

No picture of the first hog since I don't like those thorns.
Good eating!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can roast the whole pig on a Spit or burry it over night!.
We shot out all the hogs in our are two years ago was the last to see them. We live in a Horse Shoe Area with the land inside the shoe and water on the outside. There was a Reservoir Built and water filled about 4-5 years ago. So we live at the tip of the inside of the shoe. all the animals are forced to where we live. Shot and trapped over 200 hogs in one year. We thought we left some "Seed" to bread so we would have some more to shoot every year, but some neighboring properties would shoot everything. I am sure that the hogs will come back some how.

Good eating!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can roast the whole pig on a Spit or burry it over night!.
We shot out all the hogs in our are two years ago was the last to see them. We live in a Horse Shoe Area with the land inside the shoe and water on the outside. There was a Reservoir Built and water filled about 4-5 years ago. So we live at the tip of the inside of the shoe. all the animals are forced to where we live. Shot and trapped over 200 hogs in one year. We thought we left some "Seed" to bread so we would have some more to shoot every year, but some neighboring properties would shoot everything. I am sure that the hogs will come back some how.
They will come back. 👍