Here we go again

In my previous home we had a fire station 1/4 mile from us. The siren was pointed directly at our bedroom. It provided some peace of mind, but I believe they fired the siren up if there was a tornado watch in the state. Conversely, a tornado (EF 0) took out 4 trees and damaged our roof and the siren never sounded. The officials stated there was a maintenance issue.
We will probably be spending tonight in the basement.

I guess we are right in the bullseye for giant hail and long track tornadoes today.
Places are already canceling or closing early.
🤦‍♂️
So are, got some hail damage about 2:30 this morning. It's supposed to hit here between 5 and 6pm, and get really bad as the evening wears on. Will make for an interesting drive home from work.

In my previous home we had a fire station 1/4 mile from us. The siren was pointed directly at our bedroom. It provided some peace of mind, but I believe they fired the siren up if there was a tornado watch in the state. Conversely, a tornado (EF 0) took out 4 trees and damaged our roof and the siren never sounded. The officials stated there was a maintenance issue.
We will probably be spending tonight in the basement.
Stay safe 👍