Browning X Bolt White Gold

hydehunter

does anyone have any thoughts or comments on the X bolt White Gold rifle . looking for info looks and feels nice but have not heard anything on it. looking for good, bad info. how accurate are they in 300 win mag or 7 mm mag can the trigger be adjusted down to 2 lbs or will I have to buy a Timmey, Browning sure makes it sound good but do not know. thanks Jim

I'd guess should give 1MOA or better. I just prepped my new x-bolt mountain pro yesterday for tomorrow's range day. The mountain pro is also stainless except cerakote finished instead of polished like the White Gold. Both my steel x-bolts shoot 1MOA (actually one is 0.5 MOA) and I expect (hope) same from this one.

Before you spend couple hundred on replacement trigger try $12.95 MCarbo spring. I'm running these on all x-bolts at crisp 2.0 lb pull. Factory trigger spring might get you down to 3 lb.

I love my Xbolt's. All shoot under 1 moa with hand loads.
Before you spend couple hundred on replacement trigger try $12.95 MCarbo spring. I'm running these on all x-bolts at crisp 2.0 lb pull. Factory trigger spring might get you down to 3 lb
MCARBO is the way to go. After purchasing my last Xbolt I didn't even shoot it until I changed out the spring.
Target is 3 shots at 100 yards from my second outing, Xbolt western hunter in 6.5 creedmoor. (I know 🤣)

Attachments

• 127C4F80-2121-411A-9FA3-A9CB81C018B0.jpeg
    127C4F80-2121-411A-9FA3-A9CB81C018B0.jpeg
    226.1 KB · Views: 16
I bought an x bolt three years ago in 280m AI. Performance was so good that I bought 2 more. Accuracy was under 1 MOA for most loads and with a little tuning I got 1/2 MOA with Barnes and Hammer bullets. Found that dropping 100 FPS from max loads was generally the right recipe. Still getting 3100 with 145 LRX bullets and 3200+ with several Hammer bullets in the 130 to 140 Gr category. The clips are long and allow seating bullets out and I found that a spare carries 4 backups easily. the actions are smooth and the triggers easily adjustible. If the original triggers are not light enough for you, aftermarket springs are readily available for under $20. After a few hundred rounds, I did find the triggers to improve. Although not the lightest rifles available, they are not extremely heavy, something I look for in a rifle. Scope mounts are via 8 mounting screws instead of the usual 4, again something I prefer.

thanks guys for the answer's, just looked at on in Walnut in 7mm nice, but still looking for one in Maple just looks good, trigger felt ok I just have all my rifles at 2 pounds. I plan on shooting Hammers as they are easy to get a load adjusted and I have taken 13 animals in Africa and one here all one shot kills with 150 Power hammer in 308 and a cape buff with my 458 shooting 404 shock hammer bullet total pass through

I normally don't go for fancy, but I'm a sucker for a maple stock, and I couldn't resist these two beauties in two of my favorite cartridges. Unfortunately, I've been too busy with other projects to even put scopes on them.

Browning X-Bolt White Gold maple stock in 28 Nosler.

IMG_2298-XL.jpg

Browning X-Bolt White Gold maple stock in 25-06.

IMG_2299-XL.jpg

I normally don't go for fancy, but I'm a sucker for a maple stock, and I couldn't resist these two beauties in two of my favorite cartridges. Unfortunately, I've been too busy with other projects to even put scopes on them.

Browning X-Bolt White Gold maple stock in 28 Nosler.

View attachment 569026

Browning X-Bolt White Gold maple stock in 25-06.

View attachment 569027

If I wasn't left handed I would be all over that 25-06.
I got the lefty Xbolt in 25-06. Wife has the lefty 7mm-08. Both are easy sub MOA with the wife's more like 1/2 MOA.
+1 vote for the MCarbo trigger springs.

Recent Posts