6mm Arc for deer

I agree the 6 ARC is a great caliber for deer and long range shooting. I have a Savage Switchback for hunting and a Shaw barreled AR for fun. It's like a .243 but able to reach out further. 27.5 gr Varget, 105 g Berger VLD. 2 deer this year - 1 DRT and 1- 50 yards. My grandkids love to shoot it - it's suppressed. Easy to see splash.

I love how people try to make these small cartridges into something they arent.
I don't think you can reach out further with a 6ARC than with a .243.
More companies are opening their eyes with twist rate. Even The factory Remington has a 1-8 twist with their .243s. Tikka also offers one. Even if the longer bullets eat a little capacity,
There is no replacement for displacement when comparing apples to apples.

I built an AR in 6ARC last spring to take deer hunting due to a health issue requiring me to go lighter. I shot 3 whitetail bucks last season with it. At 100, 170 and 225 yards. The first two dropped where they stood. The one at 225 dropped, then got up and staggered about 40 yards before expiring. I was impressed. All with Hornady 103 ELD-X in factory ammo.

I love how people try to make these small cartridges into something they arent.
I don't think you can reach out further with a 6ARC than with a .243.
More companies are opening their eyes with twist rate. Even The factory Remington has a 1-8 twist with their .243s. Tikka also offers one. Even if the longer bullets eat a little capacity,
There is no replacement for displacement when comparing apples to apples.
I agree, a rebarreled 243 bolt gun will outshoot a 6 arc M16 [oops AR15]. However, the 6mm Arc was designed specifically to to increase the killing range of the military's m16 and m4. For us civilians, it gives us a huge upgrade from a .223 ar15. When committing on this cartridge, please keep that in mind.

.243 makes a poor/non compatible round for a AR15 platform or a CZ527 action for example. In these platforms The 6mm ARC with her fast twist tends to shine better than many might think. Worth a closer look IMHO. Thus far I have liked this cartridge for deer with a 108 gr Elite Hunter @ 254 yards on my largest Whitetail in the last 30 years.
Then I tried a 87 gr Absolute Hammer on a couple nice Whitetail doe's. did great again. Last season I took another pair of Whitetails with the 90 gr CX & again cleanly got the job done.

I"ll beg to differ regarding making this cartridge something it is not. In the right hands & with proper work up this cute little cartridge is up to more than you might think at first glance.