22 Creed. Best groups I’ve ever shot 🙌🏼

The Bigger 22's are a hoot, I've been using them since 1978. We've taken a couple arks full of game via them along with 55 Hornady W/C, 63 Sierra's and 60 Horn HP's. We've taken deer, elk, lopes, black bears and few other critters. 505 is the farthest we've taken game. Something like 93% of them have hit the turf at the shot. We had a string of 49 one shot kills until last fall when one stubborn lope needed at second poke at a quarter mile.

A couple years back I had my Kimber 84 Montana rebarreled with a 8 twist Lilja. I went with a heavy barrel (4 me) as it goes .62" at the muzzle at 23". Chambered to 22/250 AI.

It bug holes 70 Hammers, 62 TTSX's as well 73 Bergers.

Scoped (3.5-10 Leo with M1) and ready to rock it weighs around 6.5 lbs.

It won't do .25 MOA @ 600 but it'll do .5 MOA @ 600 which is good enough for me:)

Most people really underestimate the capabilities of the Big 22's on game from lopes to elk.

Life is short, hunt hard!

Nice shooting Huntnful!!

I really wish I could shoot anything like this. Well, working on loads for my 6.5 Creedmoor. How can you even see 600 yards? That is six football fields end to end!
Asprin shoots have been a thing for a long time. If you put a white dot on a brown-ish background it pops remarkably well. We use a paint pen to put ~1/16-1/8" dots on cardboard squares to make 100 yard zero targets. All the lines and diamonds and colors on fancy targets aren't needed at all, once you start shooting blank targets with miniscule aiming points you realize how well your eyes can actually resolve, even with regular 20/20 corrected vision.

744 yards this evening

IMG_3912.jpeg

Recent Posts