Looking to book a hog hunt

In the course of about 6 years, I managed to book 4 hog hunts. Two were in NC (2017/2018'ish) and two in GA (2019 and 2023). I did both the NC and one GA hunt when I lived in NC. The NC hunts were stand hunts and less expensive. The GA hunts were much more productive. On the two NC hunts, I got a single shot at a distance of about 350 yards on a power line. On the two GA hunts, my son and I killed a total of 20 hogs. We went with Hog Swat both times to GA. When we went the second time, I learned our guide from the first trip opened his own business Pig Problem, I think, but was also involved still with operating Hog Swat. I would absolutely go again. Like any hunt talk to the guide service each time and be sure it will work for what you want.

There are a lot of different options in Texas, as suggested earlier there a several facebook groups dedicated to hog hunting here and that is good place to start and you'll get a lot of options. In addition to the group already suggested, join Texas Hog Hunters also. It might be fun to pick a bigger area DFW/San Antonio/Houston for a good place to stay and then book night hunts with a few different outfitters in the area who should all have equipment for use. I would try to get in on a dog hunt too if you can find somebody, up close and personal stabbing a pig is a fun experience, the only pic I have is of my son when he pretty young, we caught several that day and let him take out this small one, still fun even though it was small.

IMG_0397.JPG