Looking for Respectable Mule Deer Hunt

Hunted mule deer back in the 1990's in NW Colorado. Saw many smaller ones but never did tag one as I wasn't interested in a 20 incher. Got up to 4 or 5 preference points but the required number kept increasing. Not sure if they are still good, anyway.

As I passed 70yo, I realized that this is something I would like to do - tops on my bucket list. Does anyone know of an outfitter that can reasonably arrange a hunt for a respectable muley? I appreciate that this may be a tough order and I'm certainly not expecting trophy quality animals. Unfortunately, my previous contacts have passed on and I've been out of contact for a couple decades.

Many thanks!
Go somewhere without preference point system. If finances are good hire reputable outfitter..... otherwise DIY and plan 4 trips.... Hike 4 hrs.back in away from roads and other company...Camp out with what's on your back..... 3-4 days at a time......
It has worked for me in Colorado,Montana and Alaska.....

Look at SE Montana, Powder River area, Perkins Outfitters, Sizzling 7, Blue Rock, the area was hit hard by Blue Tongue few years back, but there are still Good Muley's around. A 160" is a reality, not a lot hiking too.

Hunted mule deer back in the 1990's in NW Colorado. Saw many smaller ones but never did tag one as I wasn't interested in a 20 incher. Got up to 4 or 5 preference points but the required number kept increasing. Not sure if they are still good, anyway.

As I passed 70yo, I realized that this is something I would like to do - tops on my bucket list. Does anyone know of an outfitter that can reasonably arrange a hunt for a respectable muley? I appreciate that this may be a tough order and I'm certainly not expecting trophy quality animals. Unfortunately, my previous contacts have passed on and I've been out of contact for a couple decades.

Many thanks!
Sizzling S in Jordon ,Montana Check out his web site!

Most if not all TX mule deer hunting is on private land and any good ones cost more then putting in for a draw in western states

Not sure why people hunt mule deer in states that require draws or purchasing tags. Research Texas mule deer hunting options. I'm not sure why people spend money trying to get tags, when they could save that money towards a free range Texas hunt.

My point is that he deserves the right to hunt when he chooses. Not when the state tells him he can.
That is a naive statement. I don't think any state has a mule deer population to sustain this idea. There will always be a limit somehow. Be it a draw system for tags, a harvest limit, or private property owners only allowing a certain amount of hunters on the property.
With this mentality, a mule deer population would be wiped out in a year or two.

Any recommendations? Love hunting TX!
Wes Mundy, Double Diamond Outfitters. He hunts a +60,000 acre ranch out in W. Texas with plenty of decent mulies and a few bigguns.

High fence? They also have species from Africa. Not my thing. I can trap a mulie from Colorado and put it in Florida I spose. I also am not interested in shooting a GM freak.
Doubtful on a high fence, out where the desert mule deer lives there almost no high fence ranches. This is a sub-species of those in Colorado, so it might be a little smaller, but they're the same deer and as hard to hunt as those giants in MX.

Doubtful on a high fence, out where the desert mule deer lives there almost no high fence ranches. This is a sub-species of those in Colorado, so it might be a little smaller, but they're the same deer and as hard to hunt as those giants in MX.
So true, they'll high fence anything here, but High fence Mule deer hunts is something I haven't seen.

Good to know. When I fly down to my buddy's place just N of Austin these doggies with horns surround the rental car. Maybe 100 pounds soaking wet.