In a quandry over a barrel, please help

Don Rackley

I have a 7PRC that shoots very well, it's a Defiance, Manners LRH, Proof Carbon bbl......

I also have a 7mm Rem Mag in a trued Rem 700 action with Proof 1:8 twist, Manners EH1 that shoots real well.

Several months ago, I ordered a Krieger .284 cal, 5R grooved, 1:8 twist stainless bbl in #5 bull contour and it is ready to ship. What should I do with it? I think it will be super accurate and I will have it fluted to shave about 8 ozs.

What should I do with it?

I have a 7PRC that shoots very well, it's a Defiance, Manners LRH, Proof Carbon bbl......

I also have a 7mm Rem Mag in a trued Rem 700 action with Proof 1:8 twist, Manners EH1 that shoots real well.

Several months ago, I ordered a Krieger .284 cal, 5R grooved, 1:8 twist stainless bbl in #5 bull contour and it is ready to ship. What should I do with it? I think it will be super accurate and I will have it fluted to shave about 8 ozs.

What should I do with it?
If you sell and give Phil first choice. then I'll take seconds

I have the heavy sporter Krieger on a somewhat heavy open country rig. It's about 10.5 pounds ready to load. FYI.
So your options are build a real long range rig for target work or a rifle you can drive to a spot and short hike in to a "stand" and hunt, depending on all the stuff you start assembling on it.
I would think 7RM, 7-300, 28 Nosler as a last resort. I would choose the chambering first and buy the brass and bullets you'll need going forward. It should shoot well with that heavier barrel no matter which way you go.

Recent Posts