Hunting scope 500-700 yards FFP under $800

What do you not like specifically about the Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 3-15x?

The Burris XTR II 5-25x didn't like my vision…..my vision is clear, but the scope is not so…

Nevermind. Some people have a budget….thats ok. No reason to belittle folks for not buying a $4000 optic….

He's saying only $4000 scopes are good enough to work….but then he won't give his Zero Comp to Form to "test" it!

SWFA 3-15x is not a bad choice.
That is not at all what I am saying. Definitely not belittling anyone, unless they make stupid comments...
I have NEVER said you need a $3k+ scope to work. Apparently humor has escaped you. I think most people on here that know me, got the joke. And know my reputation for suggesting the absolute best when they don't give a budget...hence the gif of refraining from a suggestion.

And who ever asked to test my ZCO? Not that I would send it anywhere, because I actually shoot year round. Shot both my ZCOs in the last 2 weeks.

Your pretty close budget wise for a Trijicon of some flavor. I'll speak to my experience with the Credo HX but that is second focal plane. Tracking, reliability and feature rich. I was not a fan of what their reticles looked like online until I traveled to see one in person. The reticle lighting is also excellent!! Mounting my second one this week on a 300WSM.

That is not at all what I am saying. Definitely not belittling anyone, unless they make stupid comments...
I have NEVER said you need a $3k+ scope to work. Apparently humor has escaped you. I think most people on here that know me, got the joke. And know my reputation for suggesting the absolute best when they don't give a budget...hence the gif of refraining from a suggestion.

And who ever asked to test my ZCO? Not that I would send it anywhere, because I actually shoot year round. Shot both my ZCOs in the last 2 weeks.
Maybe I came out a little chippy. I always see you promote the ultra high end stuff and then get a bit snarky with us low enders. I hope $4000 scopes are great. Best optic I've been behind is a Nightforce ATACR. I wasn't fond of the reticle and it really didn't stand out from my Tract optically. The Tract has better turrets IMO. I don't see ZCO in the world where I shoot. I'm sure they are fine, but without comparative testing that I can see the methods used, I have no interest in squirreling away $4000. Do I have it? Sure. It is being spent elsewhere.

Back to the OP. Convince me he cannot solve his issue for $800.

It's like buying a car. You can buy a $500 car to drive you from point A to point B. But it won't likely perform as well as a $4000 car. Take my SWFA fixed 10X. Yeah it works but the low light gathering isn't all that great. Neither is the clarity. The dials function fine. And the scope is tough. But in certain light conditions the scope glares out bad. So yeah the OP can find a scope under $800 bucks to do the job. But don't expect upper tier toughness, clarity or light gathering capabilities.

Yep, I saw the humor!

IIRC, you recommended a Trijicon Tenmile scope from a list provided on one of the threads this week or last, but I do not remember which thread.

Maybe I came out a little chippy. I always see you promote the ultra high end stuff and then get a bit snarky with us low enders. I hope $4000 scopes are great. Best optic I've been behind is a Nightforce ATACR. I wasn't fond of the reticle and it really didn't stand out from my Tract optically. The Tract has better turrets IMO. I don't see ZCO in the world where I shoot. I'm sure they are fine, but without comparative testing that I can see the methods used, I have no interest in squirreling away $4000. Do I have it? Sure. It is being spent elsewhere.

Back to the OP. Convince me he cannot solve his issue for $800.
You want to show me where I "get a bit snarky with low-enders"? I mostly stay out of the budget scope threads, because I don't have a ton of time behind many sub-$700 scopes anymore. They are just not in the range I shoot anymore. I had plenty of low end scopes from $120-700 in the past...hence why they are in my past. I have just advanced beyond those types of optics for numerous reasons.

When someone says "My Tasco will shoot small groups out to 1k all day long", I have to be very skeptical when they won't resolve a 3" orange dot at 1000 yds.

I won't belittle a person looking for advice on a $500-1000 scope. But when someone says they want to shoot to 800 and have a $300 budget, the pickins are pretty slim to fit that bill. $800 should get them there pretty easily.

When someone suggests a scope I have seen issues repeatedly with, I will speak my mind on that too.

My suggestion for a sub-$800:
USO TS 3-12×44, 2.5-20×50 or 5-25×50

Or better yet, find a better quality USED scope. Look in the classified here.

On sale looks like they are being discontinued.
IMG_5090.png