Zermatt Origin BDL?

Bergerblaster

I recently purchased a Zermatt Origin Long Action for a 7 PRC build. My plan was to run BDL bottom metal. Has anyone had good luck with the Origin and BDL?

I recently purchased a Zermatt Origin Long Action for a 7 PRC build. My plan was to run BDL bottom metal. Has anyone had good luck with the Origin and BDL?
I run Remington factory BDL on an origin and have no issues.

I bought a left hand action. I don't have a barrel yet, but set it up in an old stock with BDL bottom metal and loaded some rounds in it to test it out. The 3rd round is really difficult to get down because it's on the right side of the action and under the pic rail/ejection port. There is plenty of room in the mag box, just difficult to get fingers in there and get the right angle and pressure to feed it down.

I bought a left hand action. I don't have a barrel yet, but set it up in an old stock with BDL bottom metal and loaded some rounds in it to test it out. The 3rd round is really difficult to get down because it's on the right side of the action and under the pic rail/ejection port. There is plenty of room in the mag box, just difficult to get fingers in there and get the right angle and pressure to feed it down.
Sounds like your working with an ADL if your top loading.

Sounds like your working with an ADL if your top loading.
Ha well I have always top loaded my BDL rifles. To be honest I've personally never seen anyone load a BDL from the bottom. Is bottom loading with BDL something everyone does and I've just been doing it wrong my whole life?

Ha well I have always top loaded my BDL rifles. To be honest I've personally never seen anyone load a BDL from the bottom. Is bottom loading with BDL something everyone does and I've just been doing it wrong my whole life?
I've loaded both ways, typically I load from the top

LOL.
Nah. Not necessarily!
I've loaded them both ways but find the bottom much easier than dealing with the problem you speak of.
Especially that 3rd round!