YHM Phantom Titanium QD 7.62

Black Tail Hunter

Has anybody used one of these for LR shooting? I have been looking around and have read conflicting reviews on the internet about them. I want a good dual purpose can for both LR magnum hunting and carbine shooting. Some say they have had no accuracy issues with this product while others say their gun lost accuracy.

They have the features I want in a suppressor, light weight titanium and QD but if its not the right one for LR hunting then I don't want to waste the $.

Any input from people who own and use one would be appreciated, Thank you.

I have a buddy that has one on his and he was shooting 1000 yards keeping it on a 10" steel plate consistently. However when he took it off he had a 5" shift in impact at 100 yards. Wasn't super excited about that. They are all a little different. Two guys with the same cans could swap and their POI would be different. HE also puts it on a 5.56 and it is just as quiet as his 5.56 can. One can multi purpose. Liked that. Direct thread is what I have seen the most consistency with and return POI. Good luck with your decision.

Thanks for the follow up, 5" at 100 yds kind of surprises me. I know you get POI shift but I didn't expect it to be that drastic, guess results can vary too though. I bought one last week so I will see how it goes, in about a year when I get it.....

I have the QD 223 Titanium Phantom and the DT 308 Titanium phantom. Love them both. Excellent repeatability with minimal POI shift on or off. I must admit I rarely if ever shoot uncorked anymore. Why should I? I also have heard various reports on YHM titanium cans but glad I tried them and will always be honest about how well they work for me and my weapons. They get used on everything from 17hmr, 223, 270, 308, 30-.06, 6Dasher. Buy with confidence.
If your rifles shoot well without cans they will shoot good with. You may have to play a little with your handloads typically down .1-.5 gr(IMHO) to find the harmonic sweet spot change.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.