XP-100 going rate

Administrators, please except my apology and remove my two previous posts from this thread. I will place it in the classifieds where it should appear. I have been banned from another website specialtypistols.infopop, due to a dictator administrator who would dictate how and where my ad should or can appear. Thank you for your attention to this request. MTG

Administrators, please except my apology and remove my two previous posts from this thread. I will place it in the classifieds where it should appear. I have been banned from another website specialtypistols.infopop, due to a dictator administrator who would dictate how and where my ad should or can appear. Thank you for your attention to this request. MTG

You haven't been "banned" from SP as you state. Your post was locked because you had items listed under the wrong forum, and on multiple sites. You just need to read the classified rules followed there for the sale of items.
Please don't have hard feelings towards the Moderator, he's just doing his job:)
All members on SP are valued:D

Have a great day!

-Mike

PM sent. MTG

Have read this thread for some time now and seems the value of the XP-100 along with the "R" version begin at what the public will bare. Having said this I have an XP-100R in a switch bbl. configuration that has many upgrades. I find that if you go to a car dealership with a vehicle with lots of upgrades they still offer only the blue book value. These I do not do business with. At this time I own a very nice XP-100R that I have been thinking seriously about putting on the market. There are many upgrades and this XP has two SS barrels, 22BR and 260AI, that index perfectly each time switched out. If there are any serious, I repeat serious buyers not tire kickers, I would send detail information for their consideration. There would be additional brass, 22BR dies, 260AI brass, no dies, to accompany this XP-100R. This XP-100R has a Jewel HVR trigger, PT&G bolt with a Sako extractor install, a PT&G competition pinned recoil lug, a bench rest follower installed, this is a rear grip with an aluminum bar stock epoxied in the pistol grip for a rear adjustable setting for bench shooting. The 260AI bbl. and the 22BR bbl. are the exact same contours. The pistol was built initially by Roy Bertalotto of RVB Precision, RVBprecision.com, as a 22BR with a PAC-Nor bbl. with EDI brake. The 260AI bbl. is by Lilja with a VAIS brake by Ron Bartlett in TX.
Once again, if there are any serious, I repeat serious buyers, please PM me for pictures and more. My asking price is $2100 shipped CONUS to your FFL dealer. No trades will be considered. MTG

Forgot to ad that this XP-100R is equipped with a one piece base, Millet rings and a Burris 3-12 pistol scope. MTG

$600-$800 seems to be the more typical prices.
Guessing, "ordinary," means a factory center-grip XP with Zytel stock in 221 Fireball, 223 Remington, 7BR, or 35 Remington.

Yep, 2-1/2 years ago approximately.:eek:

But the world of long range handgun shooting is still progressing at a steady, if slow pace. I have two suggestions to go along with the OP start to this thread.

For cost alone just to get your feet wet, look at the used Thompson Center Contenders in the various flavors. Easily interchanged barrels, scope friendly, good selection of cartridges. I still use a T/C in the thick woods of the UP.

Remington has announced a new pistol but in a chassis:

Remington Introduces the Model 700 Chassis Pistol
This new hunting bolt action pistol comes chambered in .308, .223, or 300BLK.

700cp.jpg

https://www.range365.com/remington-introduces-model-700-chassis-pistol

Many of us with an interest in LR pistol shooting have been doing this for quite some time. Fast, easily accomplished but not necessarily cheap.

Besides the above, with all the newer entries into the action making field, we have an incredible selection of actions to go along with several top of the line barrel makers who can supply you with an excellent barrel suited to your cartridge and bullet selection. Your choices in actions are not limited to just right eject either. We can now order either side load, either side eject and even get no ejection single shot if desired. But from a bench shooting PDs I find the bottom eject to an excellent choice.

Enjoy the process!:D

I have an XP-100 in 7mm BR, sold to me by a Remington employee back in the early 90's. The SN puts the manufacture date in the mid-'80s. It has a Weaver base, 2.5X Redfield scope, extra lead ballast epoxied inside the issue Zytel mid-grip stock, 100 rounds of factory 140 gr sp ammo, 40 brass cases and reloading dies. It is apparently drilled and tapped for forward placed iron sites, as well as the scope mount. The trigger is incredibly light and breaks like an ice sickle.
I'm on the fence about selling it. It is fun to shoot, draws a crowd at the range and will cut five shot 100 yard groups that can be covered by a quarter all day. I just don't shoot it that often, it'd been wrapped in an oily cloth for the last 12 years.
Do I sell it and invest in a rifle I'll have more use for or hold onto it for the collectors value? Please advise.

I have an XP-100 in 7mm BR, sold to me by a Remington employee back in the early 90's. The SN puts the manufacture date in the mid-'80s. It has a Weaver base, 2.5X Redfield scope, extra lead ballast epoxied inside the issue Zytel mid-grip stock, 100 rounds of factory 140 gr sp ammo, 40 brass cases and reloading dies. It is apparently drilled and tapped for forward placed iron sites, as well as the scope mount. The trigger is incredibly light and breaks like an ice sickle.
I'm on the fence about selling it. It is fun to shoot, draws a crowd at the range and will cut five shot 100 yard groups that can be covered by a quarter all day. I just don't shoot it that often, it'd been wrapped in an oily cloth for the last 12 years.
Do I sell it and invest in a rifle I'll have more use for or hold onto it for the collectors value? Please advise.

Personal preference!
Not so sure about collectors value. A 4 digit serial # 221 Fireball in mint condition should have some collector value, not sure about the BR

I'm halfway interested in an XP100 build, for no other reason besides I can. What does a used XP100 go for? I've seen prices all over the map. Are the days of a used 500$ xp100 gone? I've got no business build a LR pistol let a lone a LR pistol that cost me way too much.
Better off getting an Encore frame, you have a good chance of similar accuracy but way cheaper. The triggers can be tuned, pick your cartridge, change in an out. I'd guess all told 500-750 and you are shooting, then buy more barrels if you like it. A great playform...

I've got an XP in 6.5 x 47 in an HS stock. started with a used XP for $750 and had Nate Chesney build out the project. Will shoot .5 MOA all day long. Also have an Encore in 6.5 x 47 with an MGM bbl. About half the investment of the XP but won't shoot as good. ( about 1.25MOA).

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.