XP-100 going rate

youngbuck

I'm halfway interested in an XP100 build, for no other reason besides I can. What does a used XP100 go for? I've seen prices all over the map. Are the days of a used 500$ xp100 gone? I've got no business build a LR pistol let a lone a LR pistol that cost me way too much.

In recent times, depending on countless variables, I've seen 'em run about $1300 on average. I've concluded that the price depends on how heavily the potential buyer is drooling when he expresses an interest.
IMO, once the novelty wears off they end up taking up spade in the gun locker that could be better used to provide a home for a top notch rifle. Like I said; just an oplnion. Some buys like blonds, some redheads. :)

I'm halfway interested in an XP100 build, for no other reason besides I can. What does a used XP100 go for? I've seen prices all over the map. Are the days of a used 500$ xp100 gone? I've got no business build a LR pistol let a lone a LR pistol that cost me way too much.

I bought one for about $650 a while back with the idea of building off of it. Just like Savage Strikers, an unaltered XP is getting harder to find so the prices are going up.

FWIW, it may be a better option to just buy a new action and build from that. If you're going to replace everything but the action anyways, why pay for the unwanted parts?

The price doesn't matter to those that love to shoot long range pistols. :D Before you drop a load of cash on a xp100 or a Striker or start building one from scratch, you should go out with someone that owns one. Shoot it and see if it is something you want to invest in. Long range pistol shooting isn't for everyone. Why spend a lot on something that is going to sit in a safe and collect dust?
To me it is a wonderful sport but to my LR partner it sucks. I doubt he would shoot one if he got it free. Just my .02¢

Rupe

The price doesn't matter to those that love to shoot long range pistols. :D Before you drop a load of cash on a xp100 or a Striker or start building one from scratch, you should go out with someone that owns one. Shoot it and see if it is something you want to invest in. Long range pistol shooting isn't for everyone. Why spend a lot on something that is going to sit in a safe and collect dust?
To me it is a wonderful sport but to my LR partner it sucks. I doubt he would shoot one if he got it free. Just my .02¢

Rupe

That's great advice. The guys I shoot with can't figure out why I shoot any of the long range pistols. Even fewer can actually hit anything with them!

That's great advice. The guys I shoot with can't figure out why I shoot any of the long range pistols. Even fewer can actually hit anything with It

It still surprises me that so many still look at them as a gimmick. So sad.

Rupe

Rupe,
You got that right:D
We need to get together to shoot again one of these days. I have a couple of new "novelty" pistols for you too shootgun)

-Mike

I paid $250 for one of my XP-100's a couple years ago. Most of the ones I've seen at gun shows are $1000-$1100 range.

careful looking should find one in the $650-$700 range.

If you are already second guessing spending money on an XP-100 build, you will surely regret it afterwards.

Now, if you're a die hard handgun hunter that never or seldom hunts with a rifle then you'll be ok.

XP-100 going rate and XP-100R F/S...

Have read this thread for some time now and seems the value of the XP-100 along with the "R" version begin at what the public will bare. Having said this I have an XP-100R in a switch bbl. configuration that has many upgrades. I find that if you go to a car dealership with a vehicle with lots of upgrades they still offer only the blue book value. These I do not do business with. At this time I own a very nice XP-100R that I have been thinking seriously about putting on the market. There are many upgrades and this XP has two SS barrels, 22BR and 260AI, that index perfectly each time switched out. If there are any serious, I repeat serious buyers not tire kickers, I would send detail information for their consideration. There would be additional brass, 22BR dies, 260AI brass, no dies, to accompany this XP-100R. This XP-100R has a Jewel HVR trigger, PT&G bolt with a Sako extractor install, a PT&G competition pinned recoil lug, a bench rest follower installed, this is a rear grip with an aluminum bar stock epoxied in the pistol grip for a rear adjustable setting for bench shooting. The 260AI bbl. and the 22BR bbl. are the exact same contours. The pistol was built initially by Roy Bertalotto of RVB Precision, RVBprecision.com, as a 22BR with a PAC-Nor bbl. with EDI brake. The 260AI bbl. is by Lilja with a VAIS brake by Ron Bartlett in TX.
Once again, if there are any serious, I repeat serious buyers, please PM me for pictures and more. My asking price is $2100 shipped CONUS to your FFL dealer. No trades will be considered. MTG

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.