• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

For Sale WTS/WTT - Winchester 670 30-06

Hikinghunter

Winchester 670 in 30-06. 21inch barrel. Bushnell prime illuminated 3x9x40 scope with Warne rings and bases.. This is a good entry-level rifle or project gun. Read below.

$250 bare rifle with leather sling and iron sights, $450 for the whole package with scope, rings, and 3 partial boxes of ammo (see photos).

Possible Trades (can do cash either way):
Archery Release
Arrows (29 inch or longer, 300 spine)
Reloading scale
Binoculars
Rangefinder
Hiking boots (10/10.5 wide)

Here’s the deal. It shoots 2-3 MOA groups. In an effort to improve accuracy I had a gun smith core 3/4 inch of cleaning-rod damaged rifling out of the end of the barrel and I bedded the action. Still shooting 2-3 inch groups. If you’re fine with that (hey it’s as good as the lower-end Remington/savage/mossburg rifles for $500 at Cabela's), then you’re good to go. If you need better accuracy, you’ll need a new barrel. Easy to find a good used barrel for less than $100. Pop it on there and you’ll have a really good gun. the pricy part is paying a gunsmith to put it on. If you have the setup to barrel it yourself you could make this a sweet rifle without much investment.

So it’s a good, inexpensive rifle for someone not demanding sub-moa, or someone willing to re-barrel.

Really nice lightweight gun. Cosmetic flaws (scratches, repaired hairline cracks with the grain) on the stock, but it’s solid. Has a crisp trigger. Very firm seating now that I re-bedded it.

IMG_3119.jpeg

I'll give you a tenitive I'll take it. My local FFL retired and closed, so I'll need to find another one. I may have you ship it to my GS.