Would you pay $3000 for a factory Remington?

I think remington uses Hart button rifled barrels on the 40X. So it's possible they use hart on Sixsite edition. For $3200, I would want a Bartlein cut rifled barrel, not any sort of button rifled barrel. So no, probably wouldn't buy one. I also don't see them list any accuracy guarantee. Not sure what the resale value would be. It is not hard to sell a rifle with a Bartlein barrel. IMO anyways....

Accuracy trumps pretty any day of my year. Put the 1/2 moa accuracy guarantee on it and maybe, but I can put lipstick on any pig and it's still a pig with lipstick on it

Since the hell's canyon x-bolt came out I see alot of "pretty" rifles that just add pretty to the price .

That was my first thought. When I read the specs I thought:
Air gauged premium button rifled barrel (like a Douglas, McGowan, etc)

Badger rail (pretty standard)

40x trigger (what's that, a worked over x-Mark? If it is, no thank you)

Bedded with Marine-tex (like many other basement builds)

I haven't heard of the stock maker but let's assume it's top of the line stuff. That's still about $500~ in the stock, $400 in the barrel (being generous I think), $100 in optic mount, $150 (again optimistic) in the trigger; on an action that retails for anywhere from $300 to let's say $500. That's still only $1600 (using high figures). Why would anyone pay Remington this kind of money when they could very easily spend less and come out the same (or better)???

Almost every bolt action I own is a factory Rem700 or a semi custom on a trued Rem700 action. I have 6 of them and absolutely love the Rem700, but I would not pay $3200 for one. For that money I'm buying a custom action and barrel blank, a Jewell trigger, and ordering a custom stock with a DBM...AND having my smith put it all together. With the remaining money I'll buy a nice bottle of bourbon and a cigar to celebrate my build.

Well I have paid more than that for a rifle but I don't think I'm interested in that one
for that kind of cash. I would look at a new Fierce before that Remington...

That was my first thought. When I read the specs I thought:
Air gauged premium button rifled barrel (like a Douglas, McGowan, etc)

Badger rail (pretty standard)

40x trigger (what's that, a worked over x-Mark? If it is, no thank you)

Bedded with Marine-tex (like many other basement builds)

I haven't heard of the stock maker but let's assume it's top of the line stuff. That's still about $500~ in the stock, $400 in the barrel (being generous I think), $100 in optic mount, $150 (again optimistic) in the trigger; on an action that retails for anywhere from $300 to let's say $500. That's still only $1600 (using high figures). Why would anyone pay Remington this kind of money when they could very easily spend less and come out the same (or better)???

Years ago the Remington custom shop produced some fine rifles, But they were between 1800 and 2500 dollars at the time and fit and finish was second to none. They hand selected the actions, barrels and the walnut stocks and were assembled by real gunsmiths one at a time.

Actions were 100% turned on the OD and hart made barrels specifically for there custom shop. Everyone I had shot well below a 1/2 MOA,

The 40x trigger was fully adjustable without taking the barreled action out of the stock, When I run across one, I snag it and replace the factory triggers. It is not a Jewell, but it is the best Remington makes.

I still have a hart barreled 40x in 308 that has over 23,000 rounds down the tube and it will still shoot 1/2 MOA with Aperture iron sites.

I suspect the newer custom shop rifles are not in the same league with the older rifle with wooden stocks and with them using a composite stock I would not spend that much when you can build a custom rifle for around $2.500 to $3,000 dollars

Just my opinion

J E CUSTOM

heck I remember when the 40x's where $1,000 dollars then 1200 to 1300 still couldn't swing one. a Friend bought one in a 308 my reloads fit his chamber and out shot his Federal premium 168 Sierra match kings my bullet sierra 150 bt ......giggle giggle .

No different than buying a $3,000 rifle from a sponsor here. Except Remington will probably get it to you quicker and have better service if something happens to it.

I remember a few years ago, everybody on here was saying how a $3,000 full custom rifle was overpriced and now those same builders are charging $6,000 for the same thing and everybody is ok with it...

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.