Wool/Veggie wads anyone?

Deputy819

Hey, folks! Ordered one of Jeff Hankins CVA Scout 45-70 'conversions' a couple weeks ago….currently waiting on the forearm and butt-stock to come back from Cerakote. Anyhow, I have yet to shoot it (using IMR 4198 and Fury 275's) and I've seen a lot of guys (on other sites) reporting that using wool or veggie wads drastically improved the accuracy of their smokeless builds. Conversely, some guys don't use them at all and do just fine. What's the consensus here?🤔 Thanks everybody!

Wool with all bullets except Fury. I use veggie with Fury bullets.
Well, dang. I just talked to Kyle Pittman and told him I was shooting Fury bullets and wanted to try whatever wads he recommended for us guys shooting the CVA conversions. He sold me these..
C02F422A-11B8-4178-B057-241A45552B75.jpeg

Well, dang. I just talked to Kyle Pittman and told him I was shooting Fury bullets and wanted to try whatever wads he recommended for us guys shooting the CVA conversions. He sold me these..
View attachment 294417
Those will work just fine. I shoot for the tiniest groups possible and with the Fury bullets, the veggie is what my specific rifle likes.
I have never seen a SML that shot worse using a wad, wool or veggie.