Winchester model 70 XTR sporter 300 Weatherby Mag **Help**

unclefish

Have a friend that his stock broke in half. What can he put back on this. He doesn't want to spend a lot on it. Looked on ebay not much there. will that bell carlson long action model 70 stock work on this and be bolt on or am I going to have it bed it.

Those Boyds stocks will need to be bedded, as will most any other stock you might come up with. Have you tried Gun Parts Corp. for an original Win stock? Those are bedded around the recoil lug at the factory per each rifle.

I just took the stock off a 340 Weatherby Alaskan. It's synthetic, black in color. I'll sell it super cheap.

Have a friend that his stock broke in half. What can he put back on this. He doesn't want to spend a lot on it. Looked on ebay not much there. will that bell carlson long action model 70 stock work on this and be bolt on or am I going to have it bed it.
Stockys stocks have a full aluminum block for 200 right now

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.