Why I Crimp

The title of the thread is "Why I Crimp" not why anyone else should...
Ya know this is what is called a pretty informal group. There are many other places where the desire to be grammatically or subjectively perfect is desired. We all share our opinions as well as our wins and losses with others.Here if you haven't noticed we tend to wander around exploring as well as relating our experiences. Being off topic is not unusual.

Ya know this is what is called a pretty informal group. There are many other places where the desire to be grammatically or subjectively perfect is desired. We all share our opinions as well as our wins and losses with others.Here if you haven't noticed we tend to wander around exploring as well as relating our experiences. Being off topic is not unusual.
Yes Mam ,but like a fine rifle ,sometimes I need a adjustment too get back on course.

What did you discover
In my testing I didnt find a benefit from crimping. It helps keep hammer bullets from moving since they have mush less contact with the case neck. I tried crimping them and found .003 neck tension kept them in place for me and shot better. The only way to know is test it in your rifle. Some benefit and some dont. YMMV

I should add that I do crimp for semi autos.

Three things we've found by using the LCD with Hammers: (all connected)
1) Significant velocity gain (partly a result of #2)
2) Prevents pressure spikes from the bullet slipping into the lands from the primer ignition and giving "false" pressure readings.
3) Accuracy improvement (result of increasing consistency)

If a case holds the bullet tight enough to prevent premature launch, then the results will be minimal. It's always worth a try.

I've got to agree.
I take precise measurements to produce most accurate load for my 308sfar. I hold seating depth to .0000 tolerance! After all that I wonder if bullets in magazine are slipping under recoil and negating my hard work to maintain consistent seating depth. I have not been crimping...my best groups hover around 3/4" which ain't bad for production AR10 but my goal is half inch with this platform so will be purchasing the Lee FCD and see what happens.