Who's making the best suppressor now days

DSMITH1651

Looking for a suppressor for my 7 mm and my 223 ar . who's making the best ones. Also do you get any point of impact change if you remove it and then put it back on.
Thanks,
Duane

My take on any supressor is, until there is some more serious deregulation, I won't be gettting one. Not paying the BATFE for the 'priveledge' of owning one and not paying an excessive price for something I can make myself, in my shop, in a couple hours.

Looking for a suppressor for my 7 mm and my 223 ar . who's making the best ones. Also do you get any point of impact change if you remove it and then put it back on.
Thanks,
Duane

I do not know about "best" but I am getting an Eliteiron bravo (rated for .300 RUM per their site but when I talked to them it'll handle .300/.378 WBTY too) suppressor for my .308 cal rifles. It's in my LGS already just waiting for BAFTE's clearance.

Yes, there's going to be change in POI with and without.

Check put their videos >>> EliteIron Videos: High Quality Suppressors

Here's one on a .375 Cheytacv...[ame]https://youtu.be/vvfQn9_2Ac8?t=2[/ame]

My take on any supressor is, until there is some more serious deregulation, I won't be gettting one. Not paying the BATFE for the 'priveledge' of owning one and not paying an excessive price for something I can make myself, in my shop, in a couple hours.

He is old school...fingers in the ears.

It's cheap and its DIY.:D

On yeah, and gubment don't know you do it!
Looks like you are the smart one here, you should start a blog. Maybe an instructional video.

The elite iron suppressors are very good for the price. I also like Mack Brothers Varminator cans. I can move my cans from rifle to rifle and not lose zero.

I shoot a couple of thunder beast 338 suppressors on my 338 normas,quite and accurate and reduce a lot of recoil. I have the thunder beast ultra 9 for my 7mm, smaller and only weighs about 12 oz. it's rated up to 300 rum. Nice cans.

Yep! I've wanted one for as long as I can remember, but until they remove them from the BATFE registry, I won't be giving up my money to hurry-up and wait.

Contact your local reps to help push for the "Hearing Protection Act". It's a bill proposed that would remove suppressors off the BATFE registry and would treat them like any other gun, where a simple NICS call gives you an instant approval, and no more $200 stamps.

Bottom line for me is not necessarily the wait, although it is not a positive attribute associated with the class III process. The main issue, is that some of us don't make the kind of money where we can afford to have $1,500 floating in space for 3+ months.

Plus, now the gov't just screwed up the Trust process to where it's more headache, but no CLEO signature...Which they call a "compromise"... :rolleyes:

lightbulbNo one ever said it's cheap, easy, and for everybody; nothing is free in this world, must pay to play ... and no one is being forced to play. I saved a long time for mine, like everything else I have. It's a personal choice that one must make.lightbulb

I just purchased a Silencerco Omega rated for up to 300WM. It seems to get good reviews and I got a pretty good deal on it through their SPEQ program. I'll let you know what I think in July (hopefully).

I just purchased a Silencerco Omega rated for up to 300WM. It seems to get good reviews and I got a pretty good deal on it through their SPEQ program. I'll let you know what I think in July (hopefully).

I originally going for the Harvester 30 for my .300 WM but went with Eliteiron instead and stay local and support Made in Montana products. :D

One thing I liked about the Onega is that it comes with a break it will attach to or you can do a direct thread. Something to keep in mind if you want to use it on multiple weapons easily.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.