Which chronograph is the best bang for the buck with $200.00 budget ?

TG-5150

I have 200 bucks to spend on a chronograph and would like to know some more exerianced opinions. I have never owned one of my own.

I was looking into Caldwell's stuff because of the app ability. They have decent enough reviews. And i would be able to shoot arrows and bolts through them.

For Bows, even pellet rifles, I have ProChrono. Used to use it for rifles until the Magnetspeed became available. Prochrono has a large forgiving area between the sensors and good sun screens. Pretty durable too. I have used it for over 10 years.
Caldwell makes good stuff too, haven't used their chronos.
There is just really one chronograph, I would recommend staying away from - that is the Shooting Chrony. They are just hard to navigate the menu and have a small window for the object being tested to pass through. They have been around a long time though, but there is just better stuff out there.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0028MTBJ4/?tag=lrhmag19-20

For Bows, even pellet rifles, I have ProChrono. Used to use it for rifles until the Magnetspeed became available. Prochrono has a large forgiving area between the sensors and good sun screens. Pretty durable too. I have used it for over 10 years.
Caldwell makes good stuff too, haven't used their chronos.
There is just really one chronograph, I would recommend staying away from - that is the Shooting Chrony. They are just hard to navigate the menu and have a small window for the object being tested to pass through. They have been around a long time though, but there is just better stuff out there.
https://www.amazon.com/Competition-Electronics-538002-SSI-ProChrono-Chronograph/dp/B0028
Awesome. Thanks.
I've used a ProChrono for years, always has been pretty close, I verify my drop data afterwards. I adjust up or down from there if need to.

I have both and prefer the sporter on heavy recoil rifles. The V3 tends to move up the barrel and get loose very easily. I even tried it w/ the red tapered spacers hoping that would help but it didn't stop the problem. V3 is probably fine on minimal taper barrels but mine are all #4 or 3B and it loosens up because it slides down the taper from recoil and gets loose. Just design and weight I guess. I'm sure that someone here at LRH has come up w/ a way to stop this though. I'll be watching for a reply :). Radiator hose clamp doesn't seem like the way to go o_O.

I decided on the Pro Chrono. And will use the extra cash for other reloading toys. Thanks for the suggestions

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.