Where should this Nevadan do a guided antelope hunt?

Litehiker

This year I want to get an antelope! I may get a tag here in Nevada but probably not.

So... where should I go and what outfitter should I hire for an antelope hunt?

Eric B.

There is no way that I myself would pay for a guided antelope hunt in Wyoming, but if that's what you want to do then SnS mentioned above is as good as it gets with the amount of land they have leased throughout all the good units. It's the biggest outfitter in Wyoming and biggest antelope outfitter in the country.

Access becomes an issue. Guides, and landowner tags can be worth it, just do the research.

I thought it was Nevada we're looking at, but SNS can get you a hunt of whatever quality you choose.

I am looking outside of Nevada for antelope.
And yeah, I've driven in Wyoming and saw speed goats standing right beside the Interstate. They've got 'em, that's for sure.

I have only a few points (dunno yet) B/C I've got tags in Nevada EVERY year I applied for the past 6 years!

My few points are from turning in my tag this year before the hunt time B/C my assigned areas were about 75% burned over this year - THE worst year for Nevada wildfires.
Wasn't about to hunt in an area overrun with hundreds of hunters on ATVs that were pushed into what was not burned.

Eric B.

Both my wife and I drew Nevada antelope tags last year with 3 points. We didnt put in as a group we drew the same tag anyway. I killed a decent goat it was 75" she killed a toad hers was 84". We saw one bigger than hers. I have a buddy that guides for a nevada outfitter. If you are interested in a Nevada hunt let me know.

lhs, Let me know the name of that Nevada outfitter. It's not like I'm helpless. Normally I solo backpack hunt as in the Jarbige Wilderness and Mt. Moriah area.

But I want an antelope pretty bad and a guide might up the odds. I have Bushnell 10 x 42 LRF binoculars programmed to my load and a nice Leupold 12 - 40 x 60 spotting scope. My X-Bolt Pro with 143 gr. ELD-X ammo will easily kill an antelope out to 700 yards. I just need to get within range.

I'm used to "killing" steel chickens, turkeys and sheep out to 960 yards ar our range so I know I can hit "minute of antelope".
Our varmint competitions use the steel range with MOA size targets from 212 yards to 960 yards. Damned hard to hit. At 960 yds. it's a 10" x 10" target, at 212 yds. it's 2" X 2" target. I usually shoot prone with a bipod.

Eric B.

Last Year I drew my first NV Antelope horns longer than ears tag with 4 points. Long story short was when I first moved here no one told me I had to have a license to aquire points and I had wasted many years not buying a license since I didn't draw big game.
With that said I put in for Area 078, 105-107, and 121. I scouted only one weekend since I started a new job and didn't have a lot of time off. I went up the second week and saw hundreds of Antelope in clover fields all the way up to my area. I went to where I had scouted and found several herds and tried getting within shooting distance but was busted several times. I finally found a heard that was out in the middle of a field and was able to get within 500yds before cover ran out. I screwed up when I crawled and they had moved a little. The one I had been looking at had moved and I ended up shooting one that was a bit smaller. No matter since I was happy with him. He sure ate good. I have seen some monster Antelope here in NV while out scouting for deer or Elk.

Don't know if I would pay for a guided Antelope hunt but if it makes you happy I say go for it.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.