What to buy? NX8 or MK5HD

Your eyes will tell you which one once you look through them outside. For years people would "coach" me on what optic is right for me, sometimes they were correct but more often not. Let "your" eye's tell you.
Between these 2, glass quality would probably be my last determining factor. Both of these scopes have excellent glass. You would have to look at them side by side to say one is better optically in all lighting conditions. What I think would affect user experience more are,
Reliability
Reticles
And, other features (turrets design, feel etc)

Just going to say this.
I think I had a brand new (39 shots under it) Leupold Mk5HD 5-25 go down today. Was shooting fine, then all of a sudden, shots went 3" high right @ 100 yds. Adjusted to correct and next shot was center. Then following shot was 3" low. Readjusted, center, then 3" low again and 3 ahot group went from 1/2" to 3"+ and scattered.
I will pull it and check all screws in the morning, but I was very frustrated today, hoping to finish load verification today.

Did your Mk5HD puke it's guts?

Thanks. Not too surprised. Another Mk5 unable to hold itself together. I had already decided I'll either buy a Trijicon Tenmile HX 3-18x50mm or a NX8 4-32x50mm F1.
I have (2) Trijicon Tenmile HX scopes in 5-25x50 with center dot MOA reticle and I absolutely love them and I am about to get a third one. This scope has a 30mm tube and only weighs 28oz and is currently $1,459 at Midway. Trijicon also makes the Tenmile series in a 4.5-30x56 with 34mm tube and I am considering this one as well; however, it is a heavy scope coming in at 36oz. But, usually a heavy scope is indicative of good quality glass. The larger Trijicon 4.5-30x56 is $1,899 at Midway—which is a good deal for what you get. Both of these models have zero stops that are easy to set up. Thanks

Recent Posts