We Want To Start Shooting Steel - Need Guidance

Zep

I belong to a rifle club and many members would like to shoot steel (300 and 600 yards). Current officers are wary. Are there any internet (or other) sources I can use to show it can be done responsibly.

Anyone have a resource explaining ricochet bullets? How far they fly?

Many thanks..

My range has some at 100 yards. Most in the open in front of burms. Some pics on there website. Martin county sportsman association. I know it's not a explanation but if they can do it next door to county workers and a industrial park I don't believe the pieces to go far.

If you give me the name, address of your facility, I can give you some advice.

Me and the other founder of Delta LR started working on SLOSA years ago for a long range setup. Never giving up, we hit the BOD at the right time and got a 3 month trial period. We worked our butts off.

The result is an impressive facility that always needs more work. Now we are slaves to maintaining the facility.

Hi Fred -

I did the work party Sunday and had a nice talk with the president of the club. While he (and BOD) does not approve of members shooting steel on their own he did say if we wanted to put together a supervised regular club event he would consider it. Immediate limitation - no targets less than 200 yards.

So I am starting to run the numbers. Your pictures have already been a great help. I like the idea of the rebar for frame. Also multi-straps.

Ideas are greatly appreciated.

As for being slaves to the project. I re-started the trap ranges at another local club 15 years ago so I am aware of what you are saying. I would need at least 2 others willing to help.

Club is in southern NJ. Link below. But please contact me direct at this time.

Many Thanks

http://www.cumberlandriflemen.com/index.html

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.