Velocity 1000 Reticle

KPB71

I am thinking about purchasing this NightForce scope 5.5-22x56 for my 300wsm. would like some feed back on this scope. how accurate is it,as long as my info is correct.

thanks

I've got a few of the NF scopes with the Velocity 1000 reticle on .308's and I'm very happy with them. I'm not going to attempt anything over 1,000 yards with a .308 so the Velocity 1000 works very well for me.

The NF website has a Reticle Calculator that allows you to enter the variables to determine a precise standard deviation between the range and the standard deviation for the information entered. For everything I've done so far, the difference is so small I just use the reticle for holds.​

I have one of the uhv-1000 reticles on my 6.5 Dakota. Had to slow down the loads just a little to get it to work and it does very well. something you need to understand is that you have to have your scope on 22 power for the reticle to be accurate,not good for some hunting situations,just my 2 cents

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.