Upload images without remote host site

MiaPearl

Here I am experimenting. I am using a different User name to try out this feature.

Mia Pearl Backus is the name of my first grandchild, still in utero. She is due in early October to my son's wife. Pearl was my saintly mother's name. I am so pleased.

Anyway, I am thinking of offering direct uploads to all members. Whether I do that or not, all Writers' Guild members will now have this ability.

Limits: JPG's only, 75 K in file size, 600 x 600 image size in pixels

Please try it out:
1) Does it work for you?
2) Do you think it would be appreciated by the general membership?

By the way, when you click on the "Manage attachments" button in the "additional options" window below the "text entering" window, it may not work if you have popups blocked on your computer. In that case the button will depress, but nothing will pop up to give you the upload window.

PS: When I uploaded this image it was 91K, above the allowed 75K, and still worked. I don't want it to , I'll check on that. But the software is set to downsize the pixel size to 600 on the largest side if memners upload images above 600x600, so that worked.

Attachments

• DSC_0175prntpost.jpg
    DSC_0175prntpost.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 157
Last edited by a moderator:
Len,
Little off topic here but my post notification came to my old email address, but when I checked under my profile my new email address is listed.
If someone can help me out with this I would appreciate it.
My old email address is not listed anywhere in my profile that I could find.

The ability to upload directly would be great if (and only if ) it was not tied back to my computer. In other words if it resides permanently in the forum and does not have to link back to my computer.

75K seems to be pretty small but your pictures seem to be very clear at that resolution. I will have to figure out how to down size my pictures.

Jim

It will reside on the site's server. I will sell you, for $100, a copy of a program that will downsize pictures.

For the rest of you guys, here is the website where you can download a free copy. Don't tell Jim.

Irfanview

Here is a photo that I reduced to 37K and 600x400pixels with Irfanview.

Attachments

• 0704 20x30irfanview.jpg
    0704 20x30irfanview.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 155
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts