Update on the Super Pigs

+1!!!! I will be bowhunting tomorrow morning and bet NOBODY out there!!! Deer returning to patterns.
That's what I loved about bowhunting in Mn, and muzzleloader season too, before they let everyone buy a rifle tag AND a muzzleloader tag.

The woods were quiet and the deer returned to pre-war zone habits.

Once they allowed both rifle and muzzleloader tags, the warzone went much later.
Never heard a semiauto muzzleloader until they did that, either..

Good luck on your hunt, Muddy!

What is interesting is there is a question on feral hogs when registering deer on line. Be curious to see those results. Me? Never saw one here in MI.
I've never even heard of anyone actually seeing one. I know the one that is widely talked about was based on a cop that shot one tearing up a yards it was a domestic pig that was out. Cop simply stated "I've seen pigs and this was wild"
He then put it down. But I'm not sure I would put my faith in him just because his job.

Sure think you would hear of someone or know someone who saw one by now it's been years.

They are asking questions for things people claim aren't there🤔 I would bet they are there
You fail to underestimate the incompetence of the Michigan dnr. Every year I listen to the meeting on what regulations to use and not. You hear from all kinds of groups with actual field experience. At the end of it all they do exactly what they proposed even before hearing the true experts. It's a bunch of uneducated boobs on a board. If they don't ask those questions they would be forced to admit they were wrong in shutting down all the pig hunting in high fence here. That would lead to them having to admit uncle Ted and his actual biologist he brought forward would be correct. They simply won't allow that.

You fail to underestimate the incompetence of the Michigan dnr. Every year I listen to the meeting on what regulations to use and not. You hear from all kinds of groups with actual field experience. At the end of it all they do exactly what they proposed even before hearing the true experts. It's a bunch of uneducated boobs on a board. If they don't ask those questions they would be forced to admit they were wrong in shutting down all the pig hunting in high fence here. That would lead to them having to admit uncle Ted and his actual biologist he brought forward would be correct. They simply won't allow that.

You fail to underestimate the incompetence of the Michigan dnr. 🤪🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It's a bunch of uneducated boobs on a board 🤪🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That would lead to them having to admit uncle Ted and his actual biologist he brought forward would be correct. They simply won't allow that. 🤪🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thank you @snox801. Excellent job sir!

I can only agree . The only ones I've ever seen or shot were at the game ranches . The Michigan dnr still say no cougars here and no wolves in the lower peninsula . No matter how many pictures they see . Well I have seen the wolves first hand however I have never seen the moose that they are here .

I dealt with their incompetence for 5 years on getting the straight wall rifle through to NRC 3 year test. They are politically driven to sway to the political wind that blows the hardest. They DO NOT have the sportsmen's best interest first. EVER. Their knowledge of ballistics is appalling even by the top CO. Deer herd mgmt is prob done by Farm Bureau. The head of DNR recently chosen was formerly the head of Lottery. Really good scientific choice instead of career professional.

This is the second time I've heard of the pigs coming south on this forum. I still haven't seen, heard, or read anything from MT FWP regarding this subject. I live in western MT so I likely won't see pigs here ever. Griz, wolves, cougars are all pretty thick in these parts. Central and eastern MT seems more likely as there's more gentle terrain, less predators, and more farmland that way.

I'll gladly drive east for a pig hunt in MT if they do arrive.

I wonder if Canada would let us come up there and shoot them??? Closer drive than TX…

I dealt with their incompetence for 5 years on getting the straight wall rifle through to NRC 3 year test. They are politically driven to sway to the political wind that blows the hardest. They DO NOT have the sportsmen's best interest first. EVER. Their knowledge of ballistics is appalling even by the top CO. Deer herd mgmt is prob done by Farm Bureau. The head of DNR recently chosen was formerly the head of Lottery. Really good scientific choice instead of career professional.
Yep I'm sure we know some of the same people. So shocking how they could not understand basic ballistics.

But this is also the people who are complaining about new hunters being down by 30 percent while banning baiting, two bucks a season with zero point restriction, and continuing to raise the price of tags. While at the same time begging us to shoot more doe.

They are run by morons. Somehow baiting for vets will not spread cwd but it will if people do it during season.

I even watched the one guy who made a great case for baiting helping slow the spread. All the logic is tossed out the window for pre determined outcomes by people who live in the city.