Tripod shooting suggestions

Gobears16

I've got a couple different tripods that I use for spotting scope and binos. All are aluminum. From super heavy (bogey/monfrotto truck set up) to lighter weight packing models (suiri, silk). I'd like to use these tripod for shooting as well.

My question is what do you guys recommend? Ball head with pig saddle? Direct mount onto my picatinny? Do I need an entire new tripod and head set up? Please help me narrow down the choices for what works best. I don't shoot competition prs and most likely won't shoot extreme long range. Just something that I can take out deer and elk to 500-600.

I'm using a manfrotto, ball head with pistol grip, Larue QD rail adapter. Almost exclusively on AR platforms. I can hold 1.5 MOA for the most part standing.
52402088-98A1-49E9-AD72-A2D3996EF2FB.jpeg

F2D8CE47-4AAA-430A-AA40-4B2A907EE901.jpeg

ETA that is 100m

I have the Sunwayfoto XB-52DL Ball Head and it is absolutely fantastic and robust. I got it through hog saddle. With that ball head you can either mount a hog or pig saddle to it but my favorite is to simply mount an ARCA rail on the rifle and the run the ARCA straight on the ball head - really stable platform. I use the PRST tripod from Norway, also bought through hog saddle.

Is the rrs bh-40 worth the price? Or is the leveling base better? So many options from cheap to crazy expensive. Not to be cheap and not afraid to pay once cry once. Just want to but what's needed!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.