Trigger for Husqvarna

Red Delicious

I have my Husqvarna action (circa 1963) at PacNor getting fitted with a new bbl. I would like to put an adjustable or at least a lighter trigger on it when I get it back. Does anyone know of an after market trigger for these actions?

Thanks

Craig O.

I have my Husqvarna action (circa 1963) at PacNor getting fitted with a new bbl. I would like to put an adjustable or at least a lighter trigger on it when I get it back. Does anyone know of an after market trigger for these actions?

Thanks

Craig O.
Just tagging in. I have an imperial 7mm mag and I want to get some work done on it

Craig,
My experience with Husqvarna rifles has been that while the "trigger" can be replaced, the trigger assembly does not have an aftermarket counterpart - at least I've never been able to find one.
I would add that ANY trigger work on the Husqvarna is best done by an expert gunsmith - it's not a "do it yourself" project.
I've seen DIY trigger work on Husqvarna rifles and accidental discharges and slam fires are common. Be safe gun) - - - - - - - - - -

Craig,
My experience with Husqvarna rifles has been that while the "trigger" can be replaced, the trigger assembly does not have an aftermarket counterpart - at least I've never been able to find one.
I would add that ANY trigger work on the Husqvarna is best done by an expert gunsmith - it's not a "do it yourself" project.
I've seen DIY trigger work on Husqvarna rifles and accidental discharges and slam fires are common. Be safe gun) - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for the information and the warning. Fortunately I know, I don't know enough about the trigger and safety mechanism to mess with them but a caution is always welcome.

The 5 pound factory trigger isn't a big deal to me but I figured while I was having all this work done I would check it out.

Thanks again.

Craig O.

Thanks

Craig O.

What kind of action is it? Kind of (modernized) M 98 - Mauser (I do think so), or is it the older M 96? For the Mauser - 98 action you find piles of triggers from almost any producer. You find also some, fewer, for the M- 96. I'm quite sure about that Timney has for both of them, but check out your type of action first!

What kind of action is it? Kind of (modernized) M 98 - Mauser (I do think so), or is it the older M 96? For the Mauser - 98 action you find piles of triggers from almost any producer. You find also some, fewer, for the M- 96. I'm quite sure about that Timney has for both of them, but check out your type of action first!

I've found it referred to as "commercial" or "late 1640". Maybe someone can confirm that or give me the correct terminology.

Action Left Side.jpg Action Right Side.jpg

I've found it referred to as "commercial" or "late 1640". Maybe someone can confirm that or give me the correct terminology.

View attachment 41259 View attachment 41260

Ok, no problem at all. :) You've one of the late 1640 actions, that's for sure. The 1640 was produced from 1953 - 1967. I studied some Scandinavian literature concerning the 1640 - action of your's. Accordingly to that you may use all types of Mauser 98 commercial triggers like Timney, Bold etc. The author himself strongly recommends the triggerset made by Recknagel. Recknagel - Accessories and spare parts for rifles and shotguns
It's a very well known German company for scopemounts, rails, triggers etc. They will be at the Shotshow 2015 though. Good luck with your project! Everything will be just fine.

Ok, no problem at all. :) You've one of the late 1640 actions, that's for sure. The 1640 was produced from 1953 - 1967. I studied some Scandinavian literature concerning the 1640 - action of your's. Accordingly to that you may use all types of Mauser 98 commercial triggers like Timney, Bold etc. The author himself strongly recommends the triggerset made by Recknagel. Recknagel - Accessories and spare parts for rifles and shotguns
It's a very well known German company for scopemounts, rails, triggers etc. They will be at the Shotshow 2015 though. Good luck with your project! Everything will be just fine.

That fits with the information I have. My dad says he bought the gun out of a pawn shop in 1964 for $25. It had a cheap scope that you practically had to hug to see through. He got scope bit a couple of times and couldn't shoot the gun any longer thus I ended up with it. I put a good scope on it and just love the gun. Earlier this year the fore end of the stock broke so I used that as an excuse to buy a new 90% finished stock and replace the 22 inch bbl with a PacNor super match grade 26 inch bbl.

I've sent off an email to the US outlet for Recknagel and I'll see what they have to say.

Thanks for the information!

Craig O.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.