Torque wrench reccomendations

171farm

What are you all using for your inch pound torque wrenches? I saw a few older posts on this and figured maybe it was time to ask the question again. Im looking for something to torque my action, scope bases, rings...you name it. I see there are many options out there between Wheeler, Vortex, NightForce, CDI, and Fix It Sticks to name a few. I read reviews and watched several videos where people have tested them for accuracy and most seem to be well within the parameters of a normal hunter such as myself. Im looking for some factual first hand use of what you all like.

I am leaning toward the Fix It Sticks due to their modularity. I really like the torque limiters for specific jobs that I assume would result in constant torque from one job to another. Hit the required poundage and thats its. Id also likely get the all in one torque driver but am a little questioning of consistability there. You tighten until the mark lines up on your poundage...maybe its not that big of a deal but it would be easy to over or under tighten between screw to screw but I like the flexibility of being able to hit practically any poundage and not needing a specific limiter for every single inch pound since so many different jobs require a different torque.

Anyway, Im open to pros, cons or whatever for all the brands out there but specifically the Fix It Sticks if you have first hand experience

I have a MAC in/lbs torque wrench. But I wish I got a Snap-On dial torque wrench so I can do differentials with it also.

You might think about something like EWK 1/2-inch Drive Heavy-Duty Digital Torque Adapter 12.5-250 ft-lbs and it has many other uses as well, kind of handy tool... Just a thought... Cheers

Icon is my newer go to. So far it's more consistent than proto, and probably cheaper than getting my CDI torque wrench (snapon) recalibrated.

12.5ft/lbs is 150in/lbs. I don't know of any use that could be for rifle/scope work.
Just thinking; rings only seemed to need 15 to 25 lbs it's an adapter, so adapt it to a 1/2 inch, smith driver and extension, that's pretty much what a Wheeler is... or not. 🤔 🫡 :) Cheers

Recent Posts