Three Quick Hog Kills

I've been following your shooting on the Grendel site, didn't even know you were a member here!

I'm sure the guys here will enjoy your videos...I stop everything when I get a notice you've posted a new video!

Well done again.
You luck bastards in Texas with all your hog. Lol
I just got my grendel this year and have some 99gr hammers to load and a 3.5-15 veracity. Didn't quite see the need till I saw the hammer. 123gr is 2680fps ish and I'm running 2550 100gr out of my 300 blk. But those 99gr should be able to pull some great speed out of.

You luck bastards in Texas with all your hog. Lol

It's not as easy to gain access as you would think...they cry "we have a hog problem" here in Texas...but they treat them like they are made out of gold!

DNS...has the right area and the right tools to do the job...they are a real problem where he is. But most places want premium money to come shoot one or two.

We seen two hogs smashed on the road last weekend on our way back from our deer lease. Both in Bosque Co. DNS you still have a bunch more shooting ahead of you! LOL

Yep always people willing to good money to hunt hogs. I used to go to Florida every year but same thing now to much money. I don't mind paying but not gonna pay $200 plus for a meat hog.

It's not as easy to gain access as you would think...they cry "we have a hog problem" here in Texas...but they treat them like they are made out of gold!

DNS...has the right area and the right tools to do the job...they are a real problem where he is. But most places want premium money to come shoot one or two.

We seen two hogs smashed on the road last weekend on our way back from our deer lease. Both in Bosque Co. DNS you still have a bunch more shooting ahead of you! LOL

You mentioned Bosque County. I hope to be back down there after deer season. The place I hunt there will pull me off hunting 1-2 months before deer season so that their deer lease hunters can get in and settled. The terrible thing is that the deer hunters don't shoot many hogs, because they don't want to scare off the deer. So when I start back again, the place will be overrun by hogs anew.

As I see it, there are 4 types of landowners in Texas...when it comes to hogs.

The first type is the stereotypical type everybody complains about. They charge $$ for access, for hunting, or by the hog. They see hogs as a commodity. They make a lot of people mad, but the same people that get mad at them would likely be doing the exact same thing, which I find funny.

The second type is the type I deal with and they are the ones with hog problems and not trusting of strangers or hunters in general. Many have been burned before by self proclaimed "good hunters" who treat the landowners' properties as their private playgrounds, leaving trash, open gates that should be closed, damaging property, etc. Most of the the hunters that want access aren't actually interested in helping the landowner with a problem. They just want a place to go shooting when it suits them, not necessarily when the landowner needs help. It is a bugger to win over these landowners when somebody before me has soured them.

The third type are those that say they have the issue well in hand. Some do. Knocking on doors, I have come across folks that have their own NV or thermal gear. Some of these, I figure, just don't trust a stranger and tell me this as a polite way to get me moving on down the road.

The fourth type are those that don't care about having hogs or even welcome having hogs on their land and they aren't looking for any help with the hogs because they don't consider the hogs to be a problem.

So I deal a lot with the second type of folks. On virtually every place I hunt, there have been hunters there before me to "help" the landowner. I make it a point to hit my landowners' properties 1-3 times a week. When they report a problem to me, I attempt to address it (squeaky wheel and all that). I am mindful of all of their rules (and every property has a different set of rules, LOL) and if I find problems or have problems, report them to the landowner promptly.

I make my little videos, in part, so that the landowners can see what I see at night and see how I am hunting on their lands. Occasionally, one will contact me and tell me that he wants me to do something different. I change accordingly. Sometimes it is because they think I am too aggressive and sometimes not aggressive enough, LOL.

I get to hunt for "free" but it really isn't free at all. None of my landowners are getting paid, but I have a goodly number of expenses and time investment in doing what I do to take care of the landowners. We all benefit. We all like the relationship, but it is one built on trust and trust is what makes it so hard to get established.

Yep same here for deer hunting. Everyone is a world class hunter and lives for it. When in fact they hunt the few opening days of bow and rifle and it's more of a get away and drinking escape. It's very hard to get land to hunt becaus those people think nothing of doing what they want and not the land owner at all. I had to remove a young man from our farm this year. Nothing under a six point and don't go track a deer before 10am because other people hunt very close. Also let me know when you are out. Broke all three in the same morning. Then tried to explain why he was right. Not to mention he bought his first cross bow and was told he could shoot deer at 100 yards. Well 72 yards and hit the shoulder and the deer was never found. He then went down the road. Literally 2 miles and shot a 4 point followed by a spike and a doe In one night. Has not been back to that land owners since to say thanks or anything. Seems crazy but you need references now.

I was doing some research for my area and Oregon outlawed paid hunts for Hog..

Seems like that the way it should be if it's that big of a problem

I was doing some research for my area and Oregon outlawed paid hunts for Hog..

Seems like that the way it should be if it's that big of a problem

I'd check into that a little further...Oregon is a pretty liberal state...their reasoning my be to stop "canned hunts" and "guided hunts" not regulate/control the hog problem.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.