Texas hunting recommendations

scottyboy

i am looking for some suggestions for a Texas hunt that i am going (maybe i should say 'wanting') to go on 2018. we will be in Texas visiting my wifes' family near San Antonio, and i convinced her as long as we are there, we might as well extend our trip by 1 week so i could hunt...she agreed!

i am looking mostly in the west texas area (but am of course open to any areas) for either aoudad or white tail. i am not looking for any world record type animals, just a quality hunt - - with more emphasis being on a 'family friendly' type lodge, where my wife and kids can hang out or drive to a town and do some shopping/sightseeing etc i understand that the 2 species i would be interested are opposite ends of the spectrum and really doesnt help narrow anything down, but if there was a outfit that offered either species in the family friendly atmosphere i would choose it

any ideas, thoughts or recommendations are greatly appreciated. thank you in advance! scott

morning, contact the Texas Parks and Wildlife for free hunts and locations of

hunting leases. go on the internet and punch in the hunts u desire and see

the results. leases and day hunts in TX. can b very expensive.lightbulb:)gun)

A buddy of mine is an outfitter out in the areas you described. Give him a shot at 210-860-6919. His name is leo gutierrez. His outfitting business is called flying g outfitters.

check out westtexashunt.com...Mike always has really good success and takes some really nice aoudad. he also does whitetail hunts at a pretty decent price.

Just west of San Antonio is the High Fence Capitol of Texas.
You're in the wrong part of the country for Audad, unless you are on a paid hunt. They are farther west.
Deer are plentiful. You'll actually see dead ones on the free way during the rut.
Public you'll have to hunt hard. But that's hunting. There are a ton of outfitters just make sure you check the BBB and get reference before you commit to pay.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.